Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 download is now available. iH8Sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 which brings iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 6 jailbreak support. Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 supports iPhone 3GS and A4 devices only.
Hit the jump to learn more and to download S0wbreeze 2.9.7…
- Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 can jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 6 on the following devices:
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPad 1
- It provides tethered jailbreak except for the iPhone 3GS old-bootrom. Learn more about tethered jailbreak.
You can read the detailed blog post by iH8sn0w after the download links…
Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 is available for Windows only. Windows users can download this latest version of Sn0wbreeze from this link:
We’ll be posting a detailed tutorial on how to use Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 6 shortly. Stay Tuned!
What is New?
- Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
- The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
- SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
- Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standaloneversion should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze’s top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
- Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply