Wan to update iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS to update latest iOS without updating iPhone baseband to unlock it later using UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM? you’re at the right place. These are the steps to update iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS to latest iOS firmware without updating the baseband.
RedSn0w brings the Restore feature to update iPhone iOS without updating the baseband. Baseband preservation is applicable to iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS. iPhone 5 or iPhone 4S are not supported.
Simply follow the RedSn0w steps below to update your iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS firmware without updating the baseband for unlocking.
How to Update iPhone 4, 3GS Without Updating Baseband
This guide is for both Windows and Mac users.
- Extract the downloaded RedSn0w zip file and you’ll get the RedSn0w.exe;
- Now execute the RedSn0w.exe file and click Extras from the RedSn0w menu;
- Then click Even More;
- and then click the Restore button.
Click on the IPSW button;
Browse and select the download iOS firmware file you would like to update to and then hit the open button;
RedSn0w will prompt you if you would like to Prevent baseband update. Click the Yes button to prevent your iPhone baseband from updating.
RedSn0w will prompt you that the DFU mode is required. Click the OK button;
Now connect your iPhone 4/3GS to your computer, turn it OFF and click the Next button on RedSn0w;
Follow the on-screen instructions to enter DFU mode. Also checkout our guide on how to put iPhone in DFU mode.
- Release the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the Home button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Hom button, release the Power button BUT keep holding the Home button until RedSn0w detects the device.
Then it will prepare a restore image, restore the device with new firmware, and it will prompt you when the restore process is completed successfully.
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply