In this guide you’ll learn how to add contacts to iPhone. Adding new contacts to your iPhone makes calling/texting very simple and convenient. iPhone lets you practically add unlimited number of contacts on iPhone. Hit the jump to learn about the numerous ways to add contact to iPhone…
There are numerous ways to add contacts to iPhone; such as adding contacts manually on iPhone, Syncing contacts from third party sources using iTunes, importing contacts from the SIM card. Continue reading the detailed steps below to learn about the various ways to add contacts to iPhone.
Add Contacts to iPhone Manually from keypad
- Tap on the “Phone” app from the main screen (Springboard) of your iPhone;
- Tap on the “Keypad” and enter the phone number you want to add as an iPhone contact;
- Now tap the icon that depicts a person’s head with a plus symbol;
- Now tap on “Create New Contact” and enter the contact information such as contact name, phone number, email, etc and hit the “Done” button to add the new contact.
Note: If you want to add a phone number to an existing iPhone contact, tap on “Add to Existing Contact” and choose that particular contact.
Add Contacts to iPhone from Contacts Apps
- Open the “Contacts” app from the Springboard of your iPhone;
- Tap on the “+” button at the top-right of the screen to add an iPhone contact;
- Now input the contacts detail;
- Then hit the “Done” button at the top-right of the screen to add the new contact.
Add Contact to iPhone from a Text Message
- Go to Messages app from the Springboard of your iPhone;
- Go to the conversation from the contact you want to add to your iPhone;
- When you’re into the Messages conversation, tap on the ”Add to Contacts” at the top-right;
- Now either tap “Add New Contact” or tap “Add to Existing Contact” button and fill-in the additional information about the contact;
- Once you’ve entered the contact information, tap the Done button to save the entry in your iPhone contacts.
Add iPhone Contacts from Recent Calls List
iPhone contacts can also be added from the recent calls list:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone;
- Tap on the Recent tab at the bottom of the screen;
- Now scroll to the number that you want to add to your iPhone contacts and tap on the blue arrow next to it;
- Now tap on “Create New Contact”;
- Enter your conatcts details in the fields given and tap on the “Done” button to save the contact in your iPhone.
Import Contacts to iPhone from SIM Card
If you’ve a SIM card which contains your contacts information, you can easily import those SIM contacts in your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone;
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars;
- Scroll down and tap on “Import SIM Contacts”;
- This should import your contacts stored in SIM card into your iPhone.
Sync Google Contacts with iOS Using CardDAV (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)