iPhone 5 is rumoured to feature a 1440mAh capacity battery (3.8V/1440mAh/5.45Whr), which is a marginal increase when compared to the iPhone 4S battery which is 1430 mAh (3.7V/1430mAh/5.3Whr). Folks over at iResQ has got their hands on an iPhone 5 battery and has compared it with the current gen iPhone 4S battery…
iResQ has posted the following key differences they found in iPhone 4S and purported iPhone 5 batteries.
- The iPhone 5’s battery is slightly less than a half an inch taller than the iPhone 4S. The thickness appears to be identical. UPDATE – Although, the thickness appears to be the same, the iPhone 5 battery is ever so slightly thinner. With an eye test, the iPhone 5 battery is maybe 1-2mm thinner.
- The iPhone 5 is 3.8V/5.45Whr while the iPhone 4S is 3.7V/5.3Whr.
- The connector on the iPhone 5 is not only different, it is placed on the opposite side of the battery to accommodate its new position within the iPhone.
- The iPhone 5 battery weighs approximately .80oz. The iPhone 4S battery is approximately .96oz
Apple is set to unveil iPhone 5 on September 12th media event being held at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. iPhone 5 is expected to bring taller display, LTE radio, A6 processor, NFC, and more. iPhone 5 will be loaded with iOS 6 which is claimed to bring 200+ new features. Checkout our list of iOS 6 new features.
- iPhone 5 Specs
- iPhone 5 Wallpapers
- Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone 5
- Download iOS 6
- iOS 6 Features
- iPhone 5 jailbreak achieved!