Chronic Dev team has released Absinthe 2.0.1 to untethered jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPhone and iPad running iOS 5.1.1. In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.0.1 jailbreak.
Hit the jump for detailed Absinthe iPod Touch jailbreak step-by-step instructions…
- Absinthe 2.0.1 supports iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G.
- iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad 1 users please follow: How to Jailbreak iPad iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS users please follow: How to jailbreak iPhone iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2
- If your iPhone is already tethered jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1, there’s no need to use Absinthe to achieve untethered. Simply follow this guide: install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether from Cydia.
- Absinthe 2.0.1 Works with iOS 5.1.1 only. (How to check iOS version)
- If you’re running an older firmware please update your iPod Touch to iOS 5.1.1. (How to: Update to iOS 5.1.1)
- Please do NOT pirate the app store application after jailbreaking your device.
- Usual disclaimer applies: Follow these steps at your own risk.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G iOS 5.1.1 with Absinthe 2.0.1
We assume that you’ve read the IMPORTANT part above and your device is running iOS 5.1.1…
Backup your personal stuff first via iTunes. To do that, connect your iPod Touch 4G, 3G to your computer and open iTunes. Right-click on your device on the left pane in iTunes and click Backup.
Remove Passcodes or VPN settings (If previously set).
Now go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
This step will make the jailbreak process speedy and trouble-free.
Execute the Absinthe 2 and connect iPod Touch 4G / iPod Touch 3G to your computer via USB cable;
As soon as Absinthe detects the connected device, hit the jailbreak button.
Absinthe will perform various processes on your iPod Touch such as: beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, and waiting for process to complete. The whole process is automated.
During the process your iPod Touch may appear to be restoring from backup, just like we saw in previous version of Absinthe jailbreak.
Absinthe will notify you as soon as the iPod Touch jailbreak process is completed. Now you can find the sweet Cydia icon resting on your iPod Touch 4G or iPod Touch 3G’s Springboard.
Voila! you’ve successfully jailbroken your iPod Touch 4G iOS 5.1.1 or iPod Touch 3G iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe 2.
Don’t forget to share your Absinthe experice in the comments section below…