You can jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 untethered using RedSn0w 0.9.12b2 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. These are the steps to jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G/3G iOS 5.1.1 untethered with RedSn0w 0.9.12b2…
RedSn0w supports all iOS 5.1.1 compatible devices:
- A5 devices: iPhone 4S, the new iPad 3, iPad 2
- A4 or older devices: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1
- Backup/Restore Method (Applies to A5, A4 and older devices)
This method is pretty much similar to Absinthe jailbreak. you just need to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and hit the jailbreak button on RedSn0w.
Your iDevice MUST BE activated (NOT stuck on Connect to iTunes).
There is no need to put your iDevice into DFU Mode.
- DFU RAM Disk Method (Applies to A4 or older devices only)
DFU RAM disk method is preffered method if you have many songs, videos and other media on the device.
It requires you to enter DFU Mode manually (RedSn0w will guide you!).
This method is mandatory if your iPhone is inactivated.
Let’s jailbreak your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch using both methods on iOS 5.1.1.
How to Jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 with RedSn0w
- Run RedSn0w and Click “Jailbreak” button.
- For A4 or older devices, RedSn0w will prompt your if you want to use DFU RAM disk method, Click NO.
- Now sit back and let the RedSn0w complete the jailbreak process. Your device should resping and the Cydia logo will appear on your Springboard.
That’s it! Run the Cydia and let it initialize for the first time. Have fun with your jailbroken iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch untethered running iOS 5.1.1.
DFU RAM Disk Method
*Applies to iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G*
- Run RedSn0w and wait for it to detect your device, then click “Jailbreak” button;
- If you’ve connect an A4 or older device, RedSn0w will prompt you if you want to use DFU RAM disk method, Click YES;
- Follow the on-screen instruction to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into DFU Mode;
- As soon as your device enters DFU Mode, RedSn0w will identify the build and load the jailbreak data;
- Select “Install Cydia” from the options and hit Next to begin the jailbreak process. Upon completion your device will reboot.
- After reboot you will have a working Cydia icon on your home screen.
Share your iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak experience in the comments section below…
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.