A development team named ChinaSnow claims to have created a SIM interposer named TPSIM which can unlock iPhone 4S on basebands 1.0.11, 1.0.13, 1.0.14. and iPhone 4 on baseband 1.59.00, 2.10.04, 3.10.01, 4.10.01 but NOT 4.11.08.
TPSIM SIM interposer works similar to the Gevey SIM and is apparently able to unlock iPhone 4S on the baseband 1.0.11, 1.01.13 and 1.0.14 and numerous iPhone 4 basebands.
Here’s the complete features list of the TPSIM SIM interposer unlocking solution for iPhone 4S/4:
- No requirement for a jailbreak, insert and go!
- *No need to dial 112 (after the first time initialization)
- Supports 3G, EDGE, MMS, Facetime
- Supports iPhone 4S baseband 1.0.11, 1.0.13 and 1.0.14.
- Supports unlock iPhone 4 baseband 1.59.00, 2.10.04, 3.10.01, 4.10.01 but NOT 4.11.08
- No hardware alteration or modification required – will not affect your warranty
- Robust and sturdy steel custom SIM tray
- Unlock works on all world networks.
- Uses high performance original F981 chip for ultra-low voltage operation
TPSIM unlocking solution is currently up for pre-order for a price of $84.95 with a shipping date at the end of this month. ChinaSnow Dev Team are total newcomers to the iPhone unlocking game. Although the video embedded below shows that the new TPSIM iPhone 4S unlocking method is solid and legit, we would recommend you to hold-off from pre-ordering TPSIM and wait for its release and some authentic reviews about its legitimacy.
A while back, the iPhone Dev-team had announced that a very promising iPhone 4S unlock with UltraSn0w is in the works and later they reported that the iPhone 4S Bootrom has been dumped and the unlock is one step closer to its completion. Unfortunately, we could not hear any update after that for the UltraSn0w unlock for iPhone 4S even after the release of iPhone 4S jailbreak.
Would you buy a TPSIM unlock solution for your iPhone 4S? or will wait for an UltraSn0w update for iPhone 4S? Share your thoughts in the comments section below…