A couple of weeks ago, a russian designer named designer Anton Repponen had shared a beautiful retro concept iOS 86 theme for iPhone conceptualizing what an iPhone iOS would look like if released back in 1986.
Folks over at iThemes has replicated the iOS 86 concept and made the iOS 86 theme for iPhone and ipod touch which is now available in the Cydia to download.
iOS 86 Theme is a Winterboard based theme that comes complete with retro icons for stock apps, dock, folders and notification badges. No other custom icon for any 3rd party app is available for now…
How to Install iOS 86 Theme
Here’s how you can install iOS 86 theme on your iPhone/iPod Touch:
- iOS 86 is a Winterboard theme, available via Cydia;
- You need to Jailbreak iPhone first;
- Go to ‘Manage’ tab, Hit ‘Sources’;
- Now tap on ‘Edit’ button followed by the ‘Add’ button;
- Input http://repo.ithemes.it and then tap on ‘Add Source’ button;
- Once the repo is added, hit the Return to Cydia button.
- Go to ‘Search’ tab and search for iOS 86 and install it.
- Now activate iOS 86 Theme from WinterBoard (Settings > Winterboard). Tap the home button to close Winterboard Settings, which will automatically reload your springboard and iOS 86 theme will be activated.
- Now to give the theme a finishing touch, download this White background wallpaper and set it as your iPhone homescreen.
That’s it! enjoy the 1986′s look and feel of the retro white theme with pixelated black and white icons on your beloved iPhone.
Also checkout other iPhone themes:
- Winterboard Themes
- Download DreamBoard
- OS7 Theme
- iPhone 4S Wallpapers
- iPad 2 Wallpapers
- iPad 3 Wallpapers
- iPhone 5 Wallpapers