Absinthe is now out to jailbreak iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 and iPhone 4S. These are the steps to jailbreak iPad 2 untethered with Absinthe. You can jailbreak iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 with Greenpois0n Absinthe untethered…
- iPad 2 must be running iOS 5.0.1
- Supports: All iPad 2 WiFi, WiFi + 3G and CDMA
These are the step-by-step instructions to jailbreak iPad 2 iOS 5.0.1 untethered with Absinthe.
For iPhone 4S users: Jailbreak iPhone 4S with Absinthe
Jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 with Absinthe
Connect your iPad 2 to your computer and backup with iTunes. Update iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1 if you’re running an older firmware. (to do that, download 5.0.1 from the link above, connect ipad to iTunes, hold down the SHIFT/ALT key and click on Restore button on iTunes)
Extract and run Absinthe, make sure your iPad 2 is connected to your computer;
Hit the Jailbreak button on Absinthe screen;
It will take a while on the starting portion;
Then your iPad will show restoring a backup saying “Restoring in Progress”;
Your iPad 2 will reboot. DO NOT UNPLUG IT YET! when it’s turned on, unlock your iPad if necessary, waiting for device to finish booting;
Preparing jailbreak data, and Sending payload data.
It will take time, don’t worry.
There will be an Absinthe icon on your iPad 2 screen after reboot. Locate it and Tap on the Absinthe icon and it will load GreenPois0n site, and then after a minute it will reboot your iPad 2 automatically. Once your iPad 2 is back ON, the Cydia icon will be there on your screen.
That’s it! have fun with your jailbroken iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 firmware with Absinthe.
Share your experience with Absinthe in the comments section below…
- Camera roll will be empty if the jailbreak is incomplete. Rerun the app once to fix, and then another time to complete jb.
- If the Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, please go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait instead.
- The VPN connection will give an error. This is normal. A reboot should happen a few moments after the error.
- Just reboot and redo the jailbreak if you have problems.
- When jailbreaking: Do not have a passcode set. Do not have your own VPN setup (Absinthe needs to setup its own).
- If Absinthe crashes, reboot your DEVICE and try again.
- Toggle VPN only AFTER Absinthe says it’s done, or it will not work. VPN SHOULD error and then reboot soon. If it does not, rerun Absinthe!
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.