iH8sn0w, the hacker behind Sn0wbreeze, has released Sn0wbreeze 2.9, a major update which incorporates Pod2g’s untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 and supports all firmwares from 3.1.3 to 5.0.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Sn0wbreeze (Windows only) works just like PwnageTool (Mac only), it lets you create custom firmware to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It also preserves iPhone baseband which is necessary to unlock with UltraSn0w or Gevey SIM.
There are numerous versions available for Sn0wbreeze which are used to jailbreak different firmware releases, but Sn0wbreeze 2.9 supports almost all firmware to date inclusing 3.x.x, 4.x.x, and 5, 5.0.1. You may call it a All-in-One package.
Sn0wbreeze 2.9 includes following improvements and new features:
- Brought back old firmware support in one release!
- GUI Improvements
- You can now build IPSWs with TinyUmbrella/iFaith blobs!
- Removes OTA Updates/badge on iOS 5.x.x+ devices.
- Added an IPSW Downloader
- Built-in iREB functionality updated from newest iREB r5 module.
- Custom Packages in Expert actually works now.
- All supported firmwares in this release are untethered.
- A5 devices are NOT supported at this time due to no public DFU/iBoot exploit.
Sn0wbreeze 2.9 Supports:
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS
- iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G
No A5 (iPad 2, iPhone 4S) support.
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9
You can download Sn0wbreeze 2.9 from our dedicated Sn0wbreeze download page:
Don’t forget to hit the +1, Like and/or Tweet button if you like the post. You can follow us on Google Plus, Twitter (@iphone_heat), Facebook (iPhoneHeatDotCom), and Subscribe to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.