iH8Sn0w updated his popular jailbreak tool Sn0wBreeze with iOS 5.0.1 support. Sn0wbreeze v2.8b11 can jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G, 3G. It also fixes the iBooks and Location Services issue with the iPhone 3GS. You can download Sn0wbreeze from below…
For those not familiar, Sn0wbreeze is a popular jailbreak tool for Windows developed by iH8Sn0w. It creates custom firmware just like the PwnageTool (which is Mac only) and let you preserve iPhone baseband and then unlock with Gevey SIM or UltraSn0w.
Sn0wbreeze provides a tethered iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak which means that each time you reboot your device, you’ll need to connect it with a computer and tether boot using RedSn0w or iBooty to turn it on. To avoid the restart issue, there’s a package available in Cydia called Semitethered which allows you to restart your iDevice without any need of a computer. Semitethered disables some features after reboot. Learn more about Tethered, SemiTethered, and Untethered jailbreak.
Sn0wbreeze v2.8b11 Change-log:
- Supports iOS 5.0 (9A334)/5.0.1 (9A405)
- Fixed iBooks sandbox crashing issues (as of 2.8b9).
- Fixed location services issues with iPhone 3GS users running the iPad baseband (as of 2.8b9).
- Re-added iPad baseband install option to iPhone 3GS.
- Tethered devices are booted via iBooty which is extracted to the Desktop after running sn0wbreeze.
iPhone 3GS iPad baseband (06.15.00) users:
- Re-flash the iPad baseband via sn0wbreeze if you restore(d) to a stock 5.0 firmware.
Sn0wbreeze v2.8b11 supports iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4G and 3G. It provides tethered jailbreak for all devices except 3GS (old bootrom).
Download Sn0wbreeze v2.8b11
You can download Sn0wbreeze v2.8b11 from our Sn0wbreeze Downloads page.