The iFixit team has done it again. They have posted a complete iPhone 4S teardown for us all to see. This iPhone 4S teardown reveals the iPhone 4S’s internal guts such as A5 chip, new 8MP camera, RAM, etc…
These are the highlights:
- An extra .05 WHrs in the battery over the iPhone 4!
- Apple A5 1 GHz Dual-core processor
- 512 MB of DDR2 RAM
- The same 960 x 640 pixel Retina display that debuted in the iPhone 4 last year.
- vibrator motor is quieter, softer, and all-around less annoying than its counter-weighted predecessor.
- Toshiba THGVX1G7D2GLA08 16 GB 24 nm MLC NAND flash memory.
- Qualcomm RTR8605 Multi-band/mode RF Transceiver. Chipworks has provided us with a die photo.
- Skyworks 77464-20 Load-Insensitive Power Amplifier (LIPA®) module developed for WCDMA applications
- Avago ACPM-7181 Power Amplifier
- TriQuint TQM9M9030 Multi-Mode Quad-Band Power Amplifier Module.
- TriQuint TQM66052 (possibly a PA-Duplexer Module)