Last month, we reported about JailbreakMe 3.0, the untethered jailbreak for iPad 2. JailbreakMe 3.0, while in beta testing to jailbreak iPad 2, has been leaked by one of the private beta testers.
JailbreakMe 3.0 is almost ready and release seems imminent. The delay in release is due to unionfs which comex wanted to get on JailbreakMe 3.0 to make jailbreak process faster. During the private beta testing phase, one of the private beta testers has leaked the iPad 2 jailbreak on iOS 4.3.3-4.3 before the official release. The video uploaded on Youtube demonstrates iPad 2 jailbreak on iOS 4.3 using JailbreakMe 3.0.
Disclaimer: This iPad 2 jailbreak is not officially released by Comex. It was leaked and might not work. We are not sharing the download links (Respect the creator). We strongly recommend you to stay away from this leaked version and wait for the official Jailbreakme 3.0 release.
Based on the video embedded above:
- Open safari browser on your iPad 2 and point it to the URL shown in the video.
- Safari should automatically close. It’ll start downloading Cydia (Cydia icon with a progress bar on your home screen)
- Cydia icon should disappear, now reboot your device. Once it’s back ON, your iPad 2 should be jailbroken.
We’ll update you as soon as the official JailbreakMe 3.0 is out to jailbreak iPad 2. Stay Tuned!
- Jailbreak iPad 2
- JailbreakMe 3.0 to Jailbreak iPad 2 Coming Soon?
- Greenpois0n RC6.2 to Jailbreak iPad 2
- GeoHot to Jailbreak iPad 2
How to: Jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 with Absinthe
How to: Jailbreak iPad 2 4.3.3 with JailbreakMe 3.0
How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS iOS 4.3.3 with JailbreakMe 3.0
How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G iOS 4.3.3 with JailbreakMe 3.0
JailbreakMe 3.0 is Here!