This is what i0nic tweeted about iOS 5 untethered jailbreak:
i0nic: R.I.P. – I just heard Apple killed the ndrv_setspec() integeroverflow and his friends in iOS 5.0b1 – if this is true the untether is dead
Within 24 hrs of iOS 5 beta availability, MuscleNerd had tweeted that iOS 5 jailbreak on iPod Touch 4G (tethered) has successfully been achieved using the same Limera1n exploit. But for those hoping for an untether jailbreak from i0n1c, it looks like their dreams have been put to rest.
Of course it’s possible that hackers find another untethered jailbreak exploit or even a new bootrom exploit to provide untethered jailbreak, although most likely it wouldn’t be released until iPhone 5 availability to prevent Apple from patching that exploit at the hardware level.
Now the question is: Would you go for a tethered iOS 5 jailbreak or stay at iOS 4.x.x until an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak is out?
Apple unveiled iOS 5 at WWDC 2011 with 200+ new features including Notification center, Newsstand, Twitter integration and many more. We have already posted: iOS 5 features. You can also checkout how to install iOS 5 without UDID registered or a developers account.
- How to Install iOS 5 Beta Without UDID Registered or Developer Account
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch with RedSn0w 0.9.8b
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.8
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.8b2 – iOS 5 beta jailbreak
- How to Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta with Sn0wbreeze 2.8b1
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS (Old BootRom) iOS 5 with Sn0wBreeze 2.8 [Untethered]
- iOS 5 beta 2 Download Available Now!
- Jailbreak iOS 5 beta 2 with RedSn0w 0.9.8b