How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 with Sn0wbreeze 2.7 [iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G, 3G]

Sn0wbreeze 2.7 is out to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 untethered. These are the steps to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G and iPad. iPad 2 jailbreak is NOT out yet.

Sn0wbreeze 2.7, just like PwnageTool, creates custom iOS 4.3.3 to jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Sn0wbreeze 2.7 also preserves iPhone baseband so you may unlock iOS 4.3.3 with UltraSn0w later.

*** iPad and iPod Touch users are recommended to use RedSn0w 0.9.6RC15 instead.

How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 with Sn0wBreeze 2.7

Step 1

Download the required stuff linked below and put them on your desktop.

Step 2

Run the Sn0wBreeze.exe. Hit Ok and then Close Credits button. and then hit the next button.

Step 3

Either drag & drop the iOS 4.3.3 firmware file in the given box or hit the Browse button and select the iOS 4.3.3 IPSW file for your iDevice.

Sn0wBreeze will identify the IPSW firmware file. When done, hit the next button.

Step 4

Select the Expert Mode, Hit next button, then select General and hit Next.

Step 5

**If you depend on unlock make sure Activate The iPhone [Hacktivate] option is checked/selected.

Make your desired choices, then keep hitting Next.

Step 6

Now select the Build IPSW option and hit next.

Sn0wBreeze will start building custom firmware to jailbreak your iPhone 4, 3GS, idevice. Since the building process takes several minutes to complete, you can either choose to play PacMan or stick with the Spinner.

Once Done! Hit the OK button. (Custom firmware can be found on desktop)

Step 7

Now follow the Sn0wbreeze instructions to put your iDevices into Pwned State. Sn0wBreeze instructions are important to follow because this will put iDevice into Pwned DFU state NOT the simple DFU mode.

• Hold Power + Home buttons for 10 seconds
  • Now release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10-30 more seconds
  • Your device should now be in DFU mode

Sn0wBreeze will prompt you once you’re into Pwned DFU state.

Step 8

Now open iTunes, Hold down the Shift/Option key and hit the Restore button.
Browse and select the custom firmware that we just created, from the desktop.

iTunes will start restoring iOS 4.3.3 on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/Apple TV 2G. Once done, your iPhone, ipad or iPod Touch will be running iOS 4.3.3 jailbroken untethered.

You can follow us on Twitter, Google Buzz, Facebook, and Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.

iOS 4.3.3 Guides

How to: Downgrade iOS 4.3.3
How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3
How to: Jailbreak iPad 2 4.3.3 with JailbreakMe 3.0
How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS 4.3.3 with Jailbreakme 3.0
How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 4G, 3G with JailbreakMe 3.0
How to: Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.8 with Sn0wBreeze 2.7.1
How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 on iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch with PwnageTool 4.3.3
How to: Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.3.3 with RedSn0w 0.9.6RC15
How to: How to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 with Sn0wbreeze 2.7

pinkz May 7, 2011, 3:15 am

hey guyz, i followed this method and it worked but i have lost facetime. its stuck to waiting for activation. any solution

GetOuttaJailFree July 25, 2011, 4:02 am

Hi Pinkz,
You need to go into Sn0wbreeze and get to the screen where you can select the “General” box and click the –> arrow.

All you need do now is click the check box which states “Activate the iPhone [Hacktivate]

Click –> through until you get back to screen where you can then click box “Build IPSW”

Go through usual process you did before and you will now have an activated iphone

GetOuttaJailFree October 19, 2011, 1:09 am

Sorry Pinkz what’s facetime?

Jazz May 7, 2011, 9:27 am

Please help guys! I’m stuck at the DFU mode like forever after restoring 4.3.3 custom firmware created by sn0wbreeze… No matter what i do (Resore and restore again using different iOS and computer) It still stuck in there after the restore process even if an official iOS restore. I tried Tinyumbrella, iREB and redsn0w but to still stuck at the black screen.

Alistix May 12, 2011, 6:16 pm

Same here, please help. I dont care about unlock, i just need to jailbreak the device, and i cant even get a firmwire on it, just a frikking recovery loop, tried tinyumbrella, ireb, recovery fix >.<
iphone 4 16 gb windows 7 64x

Mrglockling May 27, 2011, 8:18 am

Ya this happened to ke to. Just click on run iReb then click on the cancel or whatever that button is that pops up on that box and it will take it out of DFU mode ( you will need to reinstall everything back on but once on it stays the same just like it used to be) that’s it!!!!!

Alistixx May 12, 2011, 6:17 pm

iphone 4 16 gb windows 7 64x!!

Alistixx May 13, 2011, 3:18 am

Never mind, I updated to 4.3.3 and then jailbroke with redsn0w, worked perfectly. I think it’s the 4.3.1 that’s fucks everything up. So go with 4.3.3!!

GetOuttaJailFree July 25, 2011, 3:54 am

Hi Jazz,

I’ve been there with Redsn0w such a hairpulling experience. Tell me how you got into the recovery loop to start with. Did you allow the iReb stage of Sn0wbreeze to put your phone into the Pwned DFU mode (not standard DFU mode)?
By the way, you can still put your phone into DFU when it is in recovery mode.

Here is what you need to do Jazz:

Run the whole process of Sn0wbreeze all the way to iReb stage. iReb will put your phone into Pwned DFU mode which is completely different from the normal DFU.

Basically, when you shift+Restore and select the custom IPSW on your desktop that sn0wbreeze built, iTunes verifies with Apple whether or not it can restore your phone with the custom IPSW on your desktop. If you are in standard DFU mode (ie. come out of iReb before restoring), Apple sends back to iTunes telling it not to restore and therefore sends you into recovery loop! However if you are in Pwned DFU, iReb forces iTunes to accept the restore and will successfully restore your IPSW and you can then use your iPhone.

The key is this: When you are in iReb stage of Sn0wbreeze, after putting your phone into Pwned DFU mode, a box/window pops up to say you are in Pwned DFU mode.
REMEMBER: Although your iphone is in Pwned DFU mode (black screen NOT cable screen) if you X the pop up window that confirms you are in Pwned DFU mode, you will automatically come out of Pwned DFU mode. This is only the case when you have a phone stuck in the Recovery loop.

So the KEY is when you get the pop up window that confirms you are in Pwned DFU mode, DO NOT X THE WINDOW. SIMPLY LOAD UP ITUNES AND SHIFT/RESTORE SELECTING THE CUSTOM IPSW FROM DESKTOP SN0WBREEZE CREATED AND YOU ARE ONTO A WINNER.

I GUARANTEE THIS WORKS!!! Let me know how you got on Jazz.

Driz August 30, 2011, 12:33 pm

I did this but keep getting error 3194?

Ady May 7, 2011, 5:10 pm

So it all works fine until you get to the point where iTunes phones home then I get the 3194 error.

I’ve got my hosts file modified, so what gives?

Ace May 8, 2011, 10:41 am

Error 3194

BRUTUS May 8, 2011, 11:42 am

Worked perfect (after 3 tries though) here, many thanks. My brand new white i4 is now jailbroken, heepiiii

abazinho May 8, 2011, 12:06 pm

this method is not working for my Iphone 3GS. it stuck at DUF mode black screen. I had to restore again in 4.3.2…is not working. 🙁

jazz May 9, 2011, 4:52 am

Try a fresh restore on another computer.. Your data crashed while trying to restore too many times.

jarad May 9, 2011, 1:12 pm

So I used this but it only seems to work with the “preserve Baseband” option, if I try to actually jailbreak, my phone does not have service at all. PLEASE HELP!

Cuki May 11, 2011, 4:46 pm

my device already in 4.3.3,still i need to download the ios 4.3.3?what is untethered mean?

what is the difference in jailbreaking with redsnow,snowbreeze,pwnagetool?

DeadLine July 25, 2011, 12:04 am

You can try www,jailbreakme.com i used to jailbreak like that and it work like charm no problems at all.

Be brave 🙂

TXplaymaka May 12, 2011, 4:07 am

i did this for the verizon 4.2.8 and when it restored the cydia icon does not show up..someone help me..

Jazz May 12, 2011, 7:35 am

U need to set tinyumbrella to “set hosts to Cydia” in advance tab to make a fresh restore works…

rcon May 17, 2011, 2:07 pm

jailbroke my iphone 4 with snowbreeze 2.7.1 ios 4.3.3, There’s no option for face time to activate it. Any solution?

2099moh August 31, 2011, 12:01 pm

hi

you can use this source and install face time
then reboot your iDivice

it’s will work 🙂

MaxVergio May 25, 2011, 4:55 pm

Worked perfectly!! Thanks a trillion!! Waiting for 04.10.01 unlock though…I knw u guys can do it…

johnny June 23, 2011, 1:37 am

you should buy Gevey Sim.. there´s no unlock for that baseband yet

kyouko May 27, 2011, 8:33 pm

Help me!!

I have a 3GS/iOS3.1.2/05.11.07. I tried to use sn0wbreeze-v2.7.1 to jailbreak it Since I need to unlock it after jailbreaking. But I got error2003 after I extracted the iTunes to restore the Custom IPSW firmware iOS 4.3.3 . I have changed the usb port, usb code and unpluged/repluged the cord. But still get stuck in error2003. What should I do?

Can I use the newest version of TinyUmbrella to restore the iOS from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 or 4.0(SHSH saved)? If I do so, will the moden firmware to be updated? or it will still remain with 05.11.07?

Thanks a lot.

kyouko

Ish June 19, 2011, 10:46 pm

Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS, 05.11.07, running on ios 3.1.2, jailbroken with Blackra1n and unlocked with Blacksnow.

I wanted to update to 4.3.3 so I downloaded snowbreeze 2.7, the required ipsw and iTunes 10.3. Got through the snowbreeze jailbreaking process, got a custom ipsw file sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS-4.3.3 and then proceeded to using iTunes to restore. Got through that too, snowbreeze logo and completed bar showing ios installed. After that got the message that I should keep my phone connected and that it would restart. But after restart, it goes to recovery mode. So I tried restore again but now iTunes shows error 1600. Done the whole cycle twice. I think I’m stuck in the recovery loop. Please help! My iphone screen is blank or rather black, almost like it won’t power on.

GetOuttaJailFree July 25, 2011, 4:10 am

By the way, you can still put your phone into DFU when it is in recovery mode.

Here is what you need to do:

I GUARANTEE THIS WORKS!!! Let me know how you got on

thankful October 23, 2011, 4:32 pm

nice advice dude… it worked perfectly for me!! I was putting the phone into the DFU mode without iREB but once i used it, error 1600 was gone 🙂 thanks a lot

rkapshuk January 8, 2012, 5:19 am

Hey guy!
Realy thank you.. I was trying to restore my device for two days and this hack with “no closing” window really helps me.. Thanks a lot))

Macwoods May 30, 2011, 12:29 am

Hi guys, i need some lights here…
My Iphone 3GS Is jailbroken and unlocked, running firmware 4.1 (8B117), Baseband 06.15.00.
With the jailbreak i lost the GPS functionality and MMS capability.
So my questions are:
1- Can i upgrade to 4.3?
2- Which one of the 3 (pwnage tool, snowbreeze, redsnow) would you advice, regarding i have a Mac?
3- Will the jailbreak solve my gps and mms issues?

Thanks in advance for any help!

iPhoneHeat May 30, 2011, 7:17 am

itz not the jailbreak, you lost GPS ’cause of 06.15.00 baseband which is not downgrade/upgradable ATM.

Macwoods May 30, 2011, 4:18 pm

Does that mean i´l have to stick with this baseband forever, and forget about the gps and mms?

Osilet June 15, 2011, 9:27 pm

So this jailbreak will “only” work with itunes 10.2.2??
I am running itunes 10.3.1 I am assuming that 10.2.2 was just the newest version of itunes at the release time of this jailbreak? any clarification? I can’t be the only one wondering and if so, Can i and how do i downgrade itunes. I hear there were ways in the past. thx in advance

Vikakhramov June 16, 2011, 6:42 am

If you’re stuck on the black screen do I as I did. I waited for the battery to die.

nach June 23, 2011, 11:18 am

guys i need help please. i have iphone 3Gs. i did follow the steps and it work. but my problem is i dont have signal and i cant do phone call. i tried to call my number it rung but my phone doesnt ring.

Julz June 26, 2011, 3:07 am

i need help plz. i followed all the instructions and then when i try to restore from iTunes, i get the error 1600: The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).
im using iTunes 10.3.1 tho. could that be the problem?

raxrl June 26, 2011, 8:46 am

Stuck at verifying iphone restore with apple. Any tips?

Annoyed June 26, 2011, 11:12 pm

As you can see, asking questions here is useless. So go elsewhere to get your questions answered.

jon_mostwanted July 8, 2011, 9:55 pm

Please help !!! When i was restoring my iphone 3gs with the custom firmware an error 1015 came … Please help me as my phone is in the DFU mode and i cant get it to return to the normaol state … i was just tryin to upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 … Please help !!!

GetOuttaJailFree July 25, 2011, 4:15 am

By the way, you can still put your phone into DFU when it is in recovery mode.

Here is what you need to do:

I GUARANTEE THIS WORKS!!! Let me know how you got on

Also, iPhones that are jailbroken will usually get an iTunes error and then forced into recovery loop. Apple’s way of shutting down jailbroken phones!!!

t-chan August 10, 2011, 2:25 am

I ran sn0wbreeze 2.7 to customize 4.3.3 so I can jailbreak & unlock my 3gs. I get it running restore up to “verifying iphone install” and then it gives me error 37. Now my phone is stuck in DFU and if I try to run restore again, it gives me error 1600. I have to rerun iReb to get it to give me error 37 again. I’m running TinyUmbrella and my itunes is updated. I have tried changeing from new to old baseband, unticking all the extra options, nothing helps. I need to unlock because I travel a lot. Help? 🙁

Jv July 12, 2011, 1:41 am

Beware, It has updated baseband to 5.16.
No unlock available.

yoo mayne July 27, 2011, 3:23 pm

Error 37 aftr doin all d stuff thath GET OUTTA JAIL FREE said ??

01.59.00 August 7, 2011, 12:50 am

if the pictures / screenshots could be able to enlarge, it’d be much more helpful for the bad vision folks.

01.59.00 August 7, 2011, 1:03 am

error: 3194 … please help!

edizalbayrak September 4, 2011, 6:20 pm

urgent help please

i am stuck in dfu mode or pwend dfu mode ( i dont know the difference) after a custom restore of 4.3.3 w?th snowbreeze v2.7.3 .what shall i do to get out of this ???

Greenteejunkee September 16, 2011, 2:19 am

I have the same Problem. And my IPhone 3Gs new Bootrom have the BB 06.15.00. What shall we do?!

gbon_bd October 2, 2011, 7:35 pm

When I complete all process and preparing for restore custom firmware from desktop (created by snowbreeze) an unknown error occur (3194)

Whats the solution?

TmA October 15, 2011, 3:35 pm

I have the same problem, error 3194. Any technical advice would be appreciated.

sandee January 18, 2013, 10:09 am

hi therer..i have an Iphone 3gs with ios 4.1 and baseband of 06.15.00 would this guide guarranty that my 3gs be safe after the ios upgrade? please help..

thankyou