Apple has released the iMovie for iPad 2. Unfortunately though, iMovie does not work on iPad 1 (first-gen iPad). However, iMovie has been hacked to work on iPad 1, just like it was hacked to run iMovie on iPhone 3GS.
These are the instructions to install iMovie on iPad 1 without jailbreaking your iPad.
How to Install iMovie On iPad 1
- Download and install iPhone Configuration Utility v3.3. [Windows] [Mac]
- Download iMovie for iPad
- Run the iPhone Configuration Utility
- Select Applications from the left navigation pane
- Hit the Add button (top-left), Browse and select iMovie (.IPA) from your iTunes library (~ / Music / iTunes / iTunes Media / Mobile Applications).
- Connect your iPad to your computer and select your iPad listed under Devices in left navigation pane.
- Now select the Applications tab (Right navigation pane) and hit the Install button next to iMovie app to install iMovie 1.2 on iPad 1.