Sn0wBreeze 2.2, the iOS 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak is Out! [Download]

iH8Sn0w has just released Sn0wBreeze 2.2, the iOS 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak. You can download Sn0wBreeze 2.2 from below. Sn0wBreeze 2.2, just like PwnageTool creates custom firmware to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 firmware.

Sn0wbreeze 2.2 also preserves iPhone baseband so that you may unlock iPhone 4, 3GS or 3G using UltraSn0w. Unlike PwnageTool, which is available to Mac users only, Sn0wbreeze is available for Windows OS.

Download Sn0wBreeze 2.2

You can download Sn0wbreeze 2.2 for Windows from the link below:

Download Sn0wBreeze 2.2 [Mirror 1] [Mirror 2]

Download Sn0wBreeze (All versions New & Old)

Mac users: Download PwnageTool 4.2

You can follow us on Twitter, Join us at Facebook, and also Subscribed to RSS Feed to receive latest updates.

How to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1

bunchhieng February 16, 2011, 3:32 am

Is it 100%work? I’m not sure can you test first or show us how it work?? thank you so much

shuab February 20, 2011, 11:43 pm

i used sn0wbreeze for 3g and 3gs, and it works 100%

JJ2011 March 16, 2011, 7:01 am

Well i the jailbreak on my and my wifi is not working right now

Tj February 16, 2011, 3:34 am

Can I downgrade my firmware to and get this? I do t want the iPad baseband.

dsinc February 16, 2011, 3:57 am

I am testing on it now. I will lets you know when i done on the testing.

ed86 February 16, 2011, 4:29 am

if i have my iphone 4 jailbroken with greenpoison can i or should i rejailbreak with snowbreez and how. thanks

dsinc February 16, 2011, 4:42 am

Failed ! I already tried many times on my iPod 2G. It keeps giving me error 1601. Also, i used tinyumbrella to connect for shsh but still give me same error.

dbylls February 16, 2011, 6:05 am

I think that your 2G is the problem.. It only support iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4..

bunchhieng February 16, 2011, 6:39 am

oops, sorry to hear that!! I’m glad that I didn’t try this stuff before you!! thank you

drdellyj February 16, 2011, 8:49 am

just tried it on two iphones 3GS (old and new bootrom) and it works perfectly….

molen77 February 16, 2011, 9:19 am

it work great on my iDevice, now my current FW is 4.2.1, BB 05.13.04, thx iPhoneheat

skynet February 16, 2011, 10:14 am

It works well,

iPhone 3GS (AT&T locked)

before
iOS ver 4.1 // BB 5.13.04
jailbreaked by sn0wbreeze v2.1
unlocked by ultrasn0w

after
iOS ver 4.21 // BB 5.13.04
jailbreaked by sn0wbreeze v2.2
cydia was installed,
hactivation ok.

pls do as guide of sn0wbreeze after create custom firmware.
(restore on DFU mode)

Enjoy it.

guo87 February 16, 2011, 2:31 pm

i have iphone 4 iOS 4.2.1//BB 03.10.01…
can i use this to unlock my iphone??

Krbang February 22, 2011, 8:56 am

R u sure your phone is locked? I have the same baseband & my phone is factory unlock as is most iPhone sold outside US.

bernek February 16, 2011, 4:45 pm

What kind of hacktivation is uses ? Battery drain issues anyones ?

Goran051 February 16, 2011, 4:58 pm

great but a bit too late … greenpois0n did it weeks ago and did it right … both of my iPhones, 3gs and 4, works perfect with GP … also possibilities to preserve iPhone baseband … what is different here??
and i love GP boot logo :)

You guys should focus on unlock the newest baseband for newly purchased iPhones …

Regards and keep it up …

gaurav18nov February 16, 2011, 8:07 pm

It worked like charm

iPhone 3Gs 32GB(Hactvated via Phonebook SIM Card in India)

before:
iOS 4.1
baseband:5.14.02(updated to 6.15.00 via Redsn0w before starting sn0wbreeze)
Jailbroken via sn0wbreeze 2.1
and Hactivated

After:

iOS 4.2.1
baseband 6.15.00
jailbroken via sn0wbreeze 2.2 and Hactivated
No GPS issues.Add’s new bootlogo

habi February 21, 2011, 10:05 am

hi gaurav .I am struck with bb 5.14.02, which is impossible to unlock..I’ve few questions…
Did you updated to 6.15.00 after jailbreaking it??if yes what was that jailbreaking tool?? y did u use snowbreeze2.1,if already jailbroken?? In simple words, Does redsn0w Jailbreaks as well as updates bb to 6.15.00 ? is your final jailbreak/unlock is an untethered one??

gaurav18nov February 23, 2011, 3:06 pm

@Habi
At baseband 5.14.02 I used redsnow 0.9.6b5(m not sure about the version,will tell u if u need to know) and
updated to iPad baseband 6.15.00
And yes it was previously jailbroken via limera!n(untethered).doesn’t matter if ur device is jailbroken for updating to baseband 6.15.00
U can jailbreak ur iDevice as many times u want..zillions of times if u wish.
Now …why i used sn0wbreeze 2.1?
By mistake..I tried to erase all data and settings on my iPhone so it got stuck on Apple logo with spinning wheel.
In a jailbroken device,chosing option to “erase all data and setting” will cause u to stuck permanently on Apple logo.
So I tried to restore it..Though Hactivation(using Phonebook SIM card) was blocked by apple,so I used sn0breeze to hactivate it and jailbreak it.
Now,my final jailbreak is tethered one..untethered jailbreaking tools are developed mostly by Ge0Hot’s.
used sn0wbreeze 2.2 to update to iOS 4.2.1
That’s it..
If u’ve any problem.u can mail me at iamgaurav@msn.com

Waste February 16, 2011, 10:32 pm

Nice, now I can finally update my 3gs from 3.1,3 to 4.2.1 …

Latium February 16, 2011, 10:48 pm

any one tryed to jb an iphone 3g stuck on bb 6.15.00?

Lac February 17, 2011, 1:36 am

My iphone 4 version is 4.0.2 but don’t have 4.0.2 shsh…Can I restore 4.1.2 with modem Firmware 01.059.00?

Somarto February 17, 2011, 4:45 am

It didn’t work for me:
iPhone 3G, got several errors, (21), (1601,1602 & 1604)
Any suggestions??

dsinc February 17, 2011, 5:11 am

Do you try Greenposi0n on your 3G? or you want to jailbreak and unlock your iphone 3G? If yes, you should use PwnageTool 4.2 – Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 + Preserve iPhone Baseband.

Somarto February 17, 2011, 6:38 pm

Thanks for your reply, but PwnageTool 4.2 is available for Mac only, I updated to IOS 4.2.1 and used Redsn0w to jailbreak and upgraded Baseband to 6.15, everything is Okay now :)

MHZ™ February 17, 2011, 11:37 am

THANKS!!!!Finally…. 100% working! Cheers!

crazyizea February 17, 2011, 5:18 pm

i really hope this works for me -_-

dasayman February 17, 2011, 6:01 pm

and what about the batterie probleme, can i fix it with SAI or what ever. realy need help :=)

georges February 17, 2011, 7:26 pm

plz where i can find step by step guide for this jailbreak i hv an iphone 3g. any problems in this jailbreak thx in advance

dsinc February 17, 2011, 8:41 pm

You only wanted to jailbreak your iphone or you also want to unlock, it means you can use for other carrier such as T-mobile. Then you can follow this post.

Dustinn February 18, 2011, 5:49 am

can you have more then one jailbreak on ur ipod touch?

larry February 18, 2011, 9:13 am

work with me. ..manage to preserve my baseband.. got cydia on my iphone 3gs .. but the only thing missing is the youtube.. everytime i try to click my it.. it says “cannot connect to youtube”. anybody got the solution? temporary i can watch youtube videos if i go to safari..

Ladgaz February 23, 2011, 12:33 am

Hi,

everything you have to do is as follows:

1. open cydia
2. add the following source: “http://cydia.pushfix.info/”
3. install YouTube Fix #1

That worked for me.

Good luck

Ladgaz

Racer February 23, 2011, 3:45 am

I had the same problem with youtube “cannot connect to youtube” so here is how I fix it.

1) Go to: Cydia > Manage > Edit > Add > http://cydia.pushfix.info/
2) Then Search: “YouTube Fix #1″ and Install

Then try it out, if it doesn’t work restart your iphone.
And if still after that try the next Youtube fix #2 and so on.

But the first one worked great for me

Doba February 18, 2011, 1:33 pm

Worked beautifully on an iPhone 4 I was having a ton of trouble with. I was stuck in an endless cycle of recovery mode and iTunes errors.

I had it jailbroken with Greenpoison, but the phone was not activated. Sn0wBreeze is a winner.

jer3265 February 19, 2011, 8:51 am

***DO NOT TRY THIS JAILBREAK***Did this and my baseband has been updated to 05.15.04…I am stuck from here!!! Now the only thing I can do is ugrade to iPad baseband 06.15.00 and from what I am reading this is SCREWED!!!

dsinc February 22, 2011, 7:54 pm

this is not going to update your baseband from 05.15.04 to 06.15.00. However, if you dont update your baseband, you wont be able to unlock your iphone.

Kaizoku February 21, 2011, 8:16 am

Where is 4.3 jailbreak?

dsinc February 22, 2011, 7:55 pm

4.3 official relese is 2/28/2011. Then it will not jailbreak that early.

nink binb February 22, 2011, 9:17 pm

good, thanks

Cláudio Lísias February 24, 2011, 7:22 pm

Simply the best!!!

kokominin February 25, 2011, 3:47 pm

i jailbreak my iphone 4 with baseband but i can’t find any cydia in my screen.
how should i do?
reply me .

hamiexz February 25, 2011, 8:52 pm

i think the jailbreak didnt finish fully or its not jalibroken yet? try again will see
also which software have u use to jailbreak?

altecmayank February 27, 2011, 12:37 am

WORKS perfectly with my IPAD !! thank you ADMIN ! u are 1 man team and u still ROCK!!

notviolation February 27, 2011, 3:14 am

It’s done! Finally, I upgraded my iphone 3GS from OS 3.12 with baseband 5.11.07 to OS 4.2.1 after waiting for more than a half year. But I also lost all my contacts and msgs, and apps because I forgot to backup my iphone before the upgrade.

Queenofhearts March 4, 2011, 2:33 am

Will this work on 4.1.6? Will this work on Verizon?

kyoko November 22, 2011, 6:52 am

I have a iphone4 running 4.2.1 and never been jailbroken before.

I have tried to jailbreak it via all versions of greenpois0n, but all got stuck on
Unable to find gBdevList
Unable to find fs_mount
Unable to find fs_unmount
Unable to find fs_load_file
Greenpois0n initialized

I did do all the advices that I could find on internet icluding keeping to press the home button during the jailbreaking process, reset the iphone before jailbreaking…etc.

Now I’d like to try to jailbreak it via Sn0wbreeze 2.2.1, but I only got the shsh which grabed by ifaith. Is it possible to do it and how? By the way, To restore iOS by ifaith costome ipsw before jailbreaking via Greenpois0n is not an option for me since it will get stuck on apple logo loop.

Is there anybody can help me? Many thanks in advance.

P.S. I am a Windows Vista user.

Paulo December 1, 2011, 2:30 pm

Can i jailbreak iphone 4 AT&T iOs 4.2.1 with baseband of 03.10.01 preserving the basedband only jailbreak it, and use a gevey sim??