Kevin Rose, the Digg founder, whose previous track record of predicting Apple products is either pretty accurate or terribly wrong, now claims in a blog post that Apple will be announcing the iPad 2 in the next “3-4 weeks”, possibly Tuesday February 1st and it features retina display and dual cameras.
I have it on good authority that Apple will be announcing the iPad 2 in the next “3-4 weeks”, possibly Tuesday February 1st. The iPad 2 will feature a retina display and front/back cameras.
If you’re thinking of buying an iPad, hold off for now.
Later in an update to the blog post he clarifies that it won’t be a Retina Display, but a “higher dpi” screen.
Spoke w/another source, the display has a “higher dpi”, but not technically a retina display. This seems odd to me, we’ll have to wait and see..
- Download iOS 4.3 GM
- Download iTunes 10.2
- iOS 4.3 on March 11
- iPad 2 Smart Cover in Action [Video]
- iPad 2 Price and AvailabilityWatch the iPad 2 Keynote [Video]
- iPad 2 Hands-on Videos
- iPad 2 Comes with Photo Booth and FaceTime
- iPad 2 Specs
- iPad 2, The 2nd-Gen iPad is Here!
- Steve Jobs to Attend iPad 2 launch Event?
- iPad 2 to Gain Carbon Fiber Body?
- iPad 2 Event Confirmed for March 2
- iPad 2 to be Announced on March 2nd?
- Camera, FaceTime, Photo Booth for iPad 2, Confirms iOS 4.3 Beta 2