UltraSn0w 1.2 is out to unlock iPhone 3Gs/3G iOS 4.2.1. This guide is on how to unlock iPhone 3GS or 3G iOS 4.2.1 baseband 006.15.00 with UltraSn0w. iPhone 3GS / 3G unlock instructions can be found below.
- Your iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G must already be jailbroken.
- For baseband 05.14 or 05.15 your need to update your baseband to 06.15.00. (How to jailbreak and update baseband 06.15.00).
- This UltraSn0w update can unlock baseband 05.13.04 or older too.
NOTE: This is NOT for iPhone 4 users. iPhone 4 unlock will take some more time.
Disclaimer: This guide is for information and educational purposes only. Use it at your own risk. we cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong. *** Some users are reporting WiFi, GPS and battery drainage issues after jailbreak and unlock.
How to Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G with UltraSn0w
***T-Mobile USA users please disable 3G network first. (Settings >General >Network and turn the “Enable 3G” switch to OFF.)
Assuming that your iPhone 3GS/3G is already jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1/4.1
- Open the Cydia.
- Go to manage Tab at bottom.
- Hit the big Sources button.
- Hit the Edit button on Top-Right
- Then Hit the Add button on Top-Left
- Then Enter the following URL: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and hit the Add Source button.
- Once the Source is added to the Cydia, hit the big return to Cydia button at bottom of the screen and then Done button.
- Go to Search tab and search for ultrasn0w and install it.
Installing UltraSn0w will unlock iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 with baseband 06.15.00. Once the installation is completed, reboot your iPhone.
Voila! You have unlocked iOS 4.2.1 on iPhone 3GS/3G baseband 06.15.00 with UltraSn0w and can use SIM from any carrier now.