Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1

Sn0wBreeze 2.0 can jailbreak iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC, non-MC) on iOS 4.1 firmware. Sn0wBreeze 2.0 jailbreaks iPod Touch 3G / 2G by creating a custom firmware. Please read the important note after the jump before proceeding.

jailbreak ios 4.1

IMPORTANT

Sn0wBreeze 2.0.1 Supports

• iPod Touch 3G: Must be running iOS 3.1.2 (does NOT need to be pre-jailbroken but there is a special check box in expert mode when building the custom firmware)
  • iPod Touch 2G (MC Model): Must be running OS 3.1.2 (does NOT need to be pre-jailbroken)
  • iPod Touch 2G (non-MC Model) – use iReb if NOT pre-jailbroken

How to: Downgrade to iOS 3.1.2

If you meet the above mentioned conditions, then lets create custom iOS 4.1 and  jailbreak iPod Touch 3G / 2G (MC, non-MC) on iOS 4.1.

Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.

Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G on iOS 4.1 with Sn0wBreeze 2.0

Step 1

Step 2

Run the downloaded Sn0wbreeze 2.0 and hit the Ok button and then Next.

jailbreak ipod touch 3g 2g ios 4.1jailbreak ipod touch 3g 2g ios 4.1

Step 3

Select the Expert Mode and hit next button.

jailbreak ipod touch 3g 2g ios 4.1

Step 4

Now Hit the Browse button and select the download IPSW firmware file for your iPod Touch 3G or 2G. Sn0wbreeze will process the IPSW file.

Once done, hit the I Understand and then Next button. iPod Touch 2G users will be prompted to select MB or MC model (read on screen instructions)

jailbreak ipod touch 3g 2g ios 4.1

Sn0wbreeze 2.0Sn0wbreeze

Step 5

Now select General and proceed.

Sn0wbreeze

Step 6

Select you desired options.

NOTE: iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC) users MUST also check mark the last option (Use iBooty Method).

Hit the next button until to get to the custom logos.

Sn0wbreeze

Step 7

If you do NOT want to use custom boot logos, simply uncheck them and hit next.

sn0wbreeze

Step 8

Now select Build IPSW option and hit next.

Sn0wbreeze will start building the custom firmware (IPSW) for your device. When done, there will be a custom firmware on your desktop created by Sn0wbreeze.

sn0wbreezesn0wbreeze

sn0wbreeze

Step 9

This step for iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) only. Download iReb 4.0

Launch iReb and select Online Mode. Then select your device. Now put your iPod Touch 2G into DFU mode (How to)

sn0wbreeze

Step 10

• Open the iTunes 10. Backup your personal stuff.
  • Put your iPod Touch into recovery or DFU mode.
  • Select your iPod Touch from the left navigation pane in iTunes.
  • Hold down the Shift key and hit restore button on iTunes (Right pane).
  • Now browse and select you just created custom IPSW file and let the iTunes complete the restore process.

Voila! your iPod Touch 3G / iPod Touch 2G is now jailbroken on iOS 4.1. Have Fun and don’t forget to share your experience via comments section below.

Also checkout:

icebreaker01 September 25, 2010, 10:16 am

I am using a 32gig ipod touch 3g. i did skip step 9 as told in the guide and got this error while doing step 10. Ipod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1601).
i am currently running on 3.1.2 blackra1n tethered jailbreak. can any kind soul enlighten me the cause of this error? thx 🙂

godfred30 September 25, 2010, 2:50 pm

i have ipod touch 2g the above guide worked for me though got stucked when doing it on my laptop so worked fine for me on the desktop without hussle thanks iphoneheat for the working guide
is there unlock for iphone 3g? i want to get 4.1 on my iphone 3g thanks

tapei12 September 25, 2010, 3:07 pm

i am using iphone 3gs but its totally unorganized….i would like to reset all its contents,setting,passwords…etc.;seems like it is a new one…i just wanna know how can i do that…thank you:)

Ayoub.H September 25, 2010, 6:10 pm

Error 40 on Ipod 2g

helpfull_hkt September 25, 2010, 6:54 pm

i have the same error on ipod 2g 8gb when i try restore Ipod could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1601).why?

nishkabibbles October 8, 2010, 7:32 am

dude i get the same error without even doing this jailbreak. i tried to jailbreak 4.0 on iTunes 10 and when i clicked shift restore it gave me the same error. It’s a new feature put out by apple to stop jailbreakers

sslevski September 25, 2010, 7:58 pm

can I unlock my iphone 3g with this? or i have to wait for unlock?

hegkecc September 26, 2010, 1:44 am

yes you can on sn0wbreeze 2.0.1

PyBrick September 26, 2010, 10:17 pm

I tried it twice: both times I get error 1604. I went through the directions carefully. Running iOS 4.1 on iPod Touch 2G MB model, not-prejailbroken.

iPhoneHeat September 26, 2010, 10:58 pm

Use iREB first

PyBrick September 26, 2010, 11:32 pm

I used iReb as instructed. That’s given when I say I followed the directions carefully considering iReb was part of the instructions. I think I’ll just wait for GreenPois0n then. Thanks for taking the time to post the guide. I’ll always be following iphoneheat. BTW, for some reason the iOS autocorrect for ‘iphoneheat’ is ‘upholstery’.

Crayfish September 26, 2010, 10:31 pm

Thank you for the guide. I have a question. I never knew about SHSH back up until I upgrade my 3G Ipod touch to 3.1.3 Now permanently I and forever stuck on this because I can no longer get signed 3.1.2. Does this work for 3G Ipod Touch 3.1.3 spirit jail-broken?

manelino September 26, 2010, 10:55 pm

this didn’t work with my ipod touch 2g mb model -.-

gnanti September 27, 2010, 11:56 am

oh , how long does it take to unlock my ipod touch 4g
i gonna cry – –

Dman91 September 27, 2010, 5:43 pm

Hello guys

I followed the instraction above carefully but I get error 1604 when I did restore in recovery mode and got error 1600 in DFU mode, I have an iPod touch 3g so I can’t use iReb

Many thanks in advance 🙂

deisered September 28, 2010, 4:46 am

I get error message 1604 on my iphone 3g. Any idea what that is and how to solve it?

Garoti September 28, 2010, 11:36 pm

I tried a thousand time on window 7 desktop and a Vista Laptop at home still can not jailbreak my iPod 3G. But, it took me only 1 time to get it done on the old Vista PC at work. So I know it works depend on the PC not Sn0wbreeze.

trev_t_00 September 30, 2010, 2:13 am

HI guys, tries this jailbreak about 5 times. Keep getting stuck in iREB “waiting for iBSS”. Wont go past this point stays frozen there. I have an ipod touch 2g mc model. Can anyone help please?

Bishart September 30, 2010, 10:03 pm

i did all this procedure…when i put my iphone 3g into safe mode and while restoring it gives me error 1604.and now i am f’ed up….please help me.

send me mail at bhw143@yahoo.com
please waiting

stan September 30, 2010, 11:41 pm

Hi there, i need some advice. Im currently running 4.0 on my ipod touch 3g. Can i follow these procedure to upgrade and JB my Ipod?

thanks in advance!!

Crayfish October 1, 2010, 12:58 am

iPod Touch 3G: Must be running iOS 3.1.2

stan October 2, 2010, 11:02 pm

so is this going to be safe? if i downgraded my ipod touch 3g 4.0 to 3.1.2.. and then do the steps above to upgrade, unlock and JB my Ipod? please reply..

Khatnaa October 2, 2010, 3:34 pm

i have ipod touch 2g. IOS4.1. maybe this firmware doesn’t work or i can’t how to jailbreak my ipod touch

Fightertool October 3, 2010, 12:30 am

I have an iPod Touch 8gig 2nd gen running on 4.1…. will I still be able to jailbreak it?

Lyra October 4, 2010, 5:17 am

Why am I getting an error: “the firmware file is not compatible?” How do I fix it?

Lyra October 4, 2010, 5:19 am

P.S.: My iPod info: 2g, 64 gigs, iOS 4.1 (did not upgrade).

jorjon8228 October 5, 2010, 6:01 am

OK.. i am doing everything fine,(so i think) but right when I put it into dfu mode, on snowbreez, that icon that suppose too show up on your device that says “Waiting for custom firmware” is not showing up on my device, which i think has to do with the itunes unknown error, that shows up when i try to restore to ios4.1

jorjon8228 October 5, 2010, 6:01 am

plZZ HelpPP

GreenPois0n October 6, 2010, 1:08 am

for ipod 2g mc model i get error 17 for 4.0 firmware and 1601 for 4.1 firmwares while trying to restore even in DFU mode.

chrislam108 October 8, 2010, 6:57 am

my ipod touch 3g 32gb 4.0.2 (MC model)
can i upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak ?

Absar October 8, 2010, 6:13 pm

My iphone 3g 8gb is not getting unlocked. Its showing some error when we start to restore it in the itunes.

thesaipankid October 15, 2010, 4:46 pm

This is my first time to jailbreak and I need help on the last part of this jailbreak. How do I boot my iPod touch after jailbreak? My iPod touch is 2G MC model. I do not know how to boot my iPod if I start the jailbreak. Can someone tell me or show me what to do. Please.

sameer October 15, 2010, 8:12 pm

Help please.
My iphone is disabled what should i do to unlock it. it asks me to connect it to itunes but when i am connecting it itunes alerts to unlock it :(. can any1 help me please? i am waiting for your assistance.

iPhoneHeat October 15, 2010, 10:29 pm

device details? baseband?

thesaipankid October 16, 2010, 10:01 am

I need help I created the IPSW using snowbreeze and is on my desk top. Then I open up iTunes and wait for it to sync with my iPod touch. Then I hit shift restore and look for the IPSW that i created. It was processing everything was good for 15 minutes then a pop up opens “Detect an error 1601” when I hit ok iTunes could not detect my iPod. I had to get out DFU mode for iTunes to fine my iPod Please help what should I do?

thesaipankid

thesaipankid October 16, 2010, 10:44 am

Still waiting for an answer?

Khatnaa October 17, 2010, 8:42 pm

I have ipod touch 2g 32gb mc model ios 4.1 how to jailbreak it please help me. iphoneheat

Vivified November 15, 2010, 11:17 pm

Worked great for my iPhone 3g 16 gig on 4.1(final) with 05.14.02 baseband.

tota works November 29, 2010, 7:01 pm

hi im try to on my ipod 2g 4.1 but have error (21) i use ituns 10 and used snowbreeze ?
any one help and thanks