Sn0wBreeze 2.0 can jailbreak iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC, non-MC) on iOS 4.1 firmware. Sn0wBreeze 2.0 jailbreaks iPod Touch 3G / 2G by creating a custom firmware. Please read the important note after the jump before proceeding.
Sn0wBreeze 2.0.1 Supports
- iPod Touch 3G: Must be running iOS 3.1.2 (does NOT need to be pre-jailbroken but there is a special check box in expert mode when building the custom firmware)
- iPod Touch 2G (MC Model): Must be running OS 3.1.2 (does NOT need to be pre-jailbroken)
- iPod Touch 2G (non-MC Model) – use iReb if NOT pre-jailbroken
How to: Downgrade to iOS 3.1.2
If you meet the above mentioned conditions, then lets create custom iOS 4.1 and jailbreak iPod Touch 3G / 2G (MC, non-MC) on iOS 4.1.
Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G on iOS 4.1 with Sn0wBreeze 2.0
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1
- Download Sn0wBreeze (All versions New & Old)
- Download iOS 4.1
- Download iTunes 10
- Download .Net framework 3.5 (required for Sn0wbreeze to run)
Run the downloaded Sn0wbreeze 2.0 and hit the Ok button and then Next.
Select the Expert Mode and hit next button.
Now Hit the Browse button and select the download IPSW firmware file for your iPod Touch 3G or 2G. Sn0wbreeze will process the IPSW file.
Once done, hit the I Understand and then Next button. iPod Touch 2G users will be prompted to select MB or MC model (read on screen instructions)
Now select General and proceed.
Select you desired options.
NOTE: iPod Touch 3G and iPod Touch 2G (MC) users MUST also check mark the last option (Use iBooty Method).
Hit the next button until to get to the custom logos.
If you do NOT want to use custom boot logos, simply uncheck them and hit next.
Now select Build IPSW option and hit next.
Sn0wbreeze will start building the custom firmware (IPSW) for your device. When done, there will be a custom firmware on your desktop created by Sn0wbreeze.
This step for iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) only. Download iReb 4.0
Launch iReb and select Online Mode. Then select your device. Now put your iPod Touch 2G into DFU mode (How to)
- Open the iTunes 10. Backup your personal stuff.
- Put your iPod Touch into recovery or DFU mode.
- Select your iPod Touch from the left navigation pane in iTunes.
- Hold down the Shift key and hit restore button on iTunes (Right pane).
- Now browse and select you just created custom IPSW file and let the iTunes complete the restore process.
Voila! your iPod Touch 3G / iPod Touch 2G is now jailbroken on iOS 4.1. Have Fun and don’t forget to share your experience via comments section below.
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS / 3G iOS 4.1 with Sn0wbreeze 2.0
- How to: Save SHSH Blobs for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- AppSync 4.1 : Install cracked apps on iOS 4.1
- How to: Downgrade iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.1