Sn0wBreeze 2.0 is out now and it’s time to jailbreak iPhone 3GS (old / New bootrom), 3G on iOS 4.1 firmware. Sn0wBreeze 2.0 can jailbreak iPhone 3GS new / old bootrom and iPhone 3G by creating a custom firmware. Please read the important note after the jump before proceeding.
How to: Check iPhone 3GS BootRom
How to: Downgrade to iOS 3.1.2
- iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom): Must be running iOS 3.1.2 (does NOT need to be pre-jailbroken but there is a special check box in expert mode when building the custom firmware). It will be a tethered jailbreak.
- iPhone 3GS (Old Bootrom): Must already be Jailbroken (If jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, install Spirit2Pwn from the following repo: http://repo.woowiz.net) (How to add repo in Cydia). It will be an untethered jailbreak.
- iPhone 3G – use iReb if NOT pre-jailbroken
If you meet the above mentioned conditions, then lets create custom iOS 4.1 and jailbreak iPhone 3GS / 3G on iOS 4.1.
Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS (Old / New BootRom), 3G on iOS 4.1 with Sn0wBreeze 2.0
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0 / 2.0.1
- Download Sn0wBreeze (All versions New & Old)
- Download iOS 4.1
- Download iTunes 10
- Download .Net framework 3.5 (required for Sn0wbreeze to run)
Run the downloaded Sn0wbreeze 2.0 and hit the Ok button and then Next.
Select the Expert Mode and hit next button.
Now Hit the Browse button and select the download IPSW firmware file for your iPhone 3GS or 3G. Sn0wbreeze will process the IPSW file.
Once done, hit the I Understand and then Next button.
Now select General and proceed.
Activate the phone: Check mark this option to hacktivate (unofficial carrier only). Official carrier users do NOT check mark it.
NOTE: iPhone 3GS (new BootRom) users MUST also check mark the last option (Use iBooty Method). iPhone 3GS old bootrom and iPhone 3G users make sure this option is unchecked.
Hit the next button until to get to the custom logos.
If you do NOT want to use custom boot logos, simply uncheck them and hit next.
Now select Build IPSW option and hit next.
Sn0wbreeze will start building the custom firmware (IPSW) for your device. When done, there will be a custom firmware on your desktop created by Sn0wbreeze.
This step for iPhone 3G (non-jailbroken) only. Download iReb 4.0
Launch iReb and select Online Mode. Then select your device. Now put your iPhone 3G into DFU mode (How to)
- Open the iTunes 10. Backup your personal stuff.
- Put your iPhone into recovery or DFU mode.
- Select your iPhone from the left navigation pane in iTunes.
- Hold down the Shift key and hit restore button on iTunes (Right pane).
- Now browse and select you just created custom IPSW file and let the iTunes complete the restore.
Voila! your iPhone 3GS / 3G is now jailbroken on iOS 4.1. Have Fun and don’t forget to share your experience via comments section below.
Sn0wbreeze also preserves baseband. So, you can unlock iPhone 3GS / 3G using UltraSn0w: