Notcom, the dev behind TinyUmbrella has released an updated TinyUmbrella 4.01.01 for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux OS. TinyUmbrella 4.01.01 comes with iOS 4.0.1 and iPad 3.2.1 iOS support. TinyUmbrella 4.01.01 download links and developer notes after the jump.
TinyUmbrella let you save SHSH blobs (necessary for restoring older firmware) for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. More details on TinyUmbrella can be found here.
I’ve received many instances where folks would get some error message about WinSock or jvm_bind etc. This is likely due to a firewall restriction on your machine. You may need to disable your firewall and/or Anti virus software because I do the following:
- Load an unrelated library (iTunesMobileDevice.dll)
- Edit your hosts file (some anti virus software does not like this)
- Start a server accepting connections on port 80
- Write a file named (hosts.umbrella) next to your hosts file saving your original hosts file so you have a permanent backup before any of my changes (hosts.umbrella never gets overwritten)
These things raise flags with some very paranoid AV software.
Download TinyUmbrella 4.01.01
You can download TinyUmbrella 4.01.01 from the link below:
- How to: Save SHSH Blobs iOS 4 with TinyUmbrella
- How to: Save iPhone 4 SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
- How to: Downgrade iOS 4 to OS 3.1.3 with TinyUmbrella
- AppSync 4: Install Cracked apps on iOS 4