TinyUmbrella goes 4.00.49 and can now save SHSH blobs for iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0. Saving iPhone 4 SHSH blobs for iOS 4.0 is important because when an new iOS firmware for iPhone 4 is out, you won’t be able to downgrade to 4.0 unless you have SHSH blobs for iOS 4.
Once you’ve saved SHSH blobs for iPhone 4 firmware 4.0, you’ll be able to downgrade from any newer firmware to 4.0 whenever you like.
You can also save shsh blobs via Cydia by hitting the Make My Life Easier. But for that your device must be jailbroken and there’s no tool to jailbreak iPhone 4 available yet. In such situations the TinyUmbrella is most useful.
- Apple stops signing firmware SHSH once a new firmware is out. Once Apple has stopped signing firmware SHSH requests for a firmware version there is no way to get your SHSH for that particular version.
- Device does NOT need to be Jailbroken in order to save SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella.
- Your iPhone 4 MUST be connected to the computer to save shsh blobs. For other devices, you can also save SHSH blobs without connecting the device simply by providing ECID.
- If you desire to restore your iPhone 4 to iOS 4, make sure you uninstall Wi-Fi Sync before trying to do so. I’ve apparently had the same issue a few other folks had.
- So far restores on the iPhone4 are not perfect. They error out locally but the restore does complete – it just needs to be helped along. (Much like downgrades where the baseband update fails). I’ll try to put the functionality in TinyUmbrella to fix this.
- Your files are saved in:
- WINDOWS XP
<Main Drive>:\Documents and Settings\\.shsh
ex: C:\Documents and Settings\semaphore\.shsh
- WINDOWS 7
Save iPhone 4 SHSH Blobs for iOS 4
We have already posted a detailed TinyUmbrella guide to save SHSH blobs for iOS 4 firmware. You can save iPhone 4 SHSH blobs for iOS 4 using the guide linked below, just keep in mind the important points mentioned above.
Download TinyUmbrella 4.00.49
You can download TinyUmbrella 4.00.49 from here.
- AppSync 4 for iOS 4.0 – Mobile Installation Patch
- Fix 1604 error during Custom firmware Restore
- Download MyWi 4 for iOS 4.0
- Check iPhone 3GS BootRom