iH8Sn0w has release Sn0wBreeze v1.7 to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC) iOS 4 a few days ago. Today he releases iBooty + Payload Pwner for the iPod Touch 2G (MC) as well. Which means if your iPod Touch 2G (MC) or iPod Touch 3G are running OS 3.1.2 or you have saved SHSH blobs of OS 3.1.2 for your iPod Touch 2G (MC), you can create a custom iOS 4 to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC).
UPDATE: *** Comex has released the all iDevices jailbreak. Check the Update at the bottom. ***
Sn0wBreeze v1.7 with iBooty + Payloader Supports:
- iPod Touch 2G (MC)
- iPod Touch 3G only if running firmware 3.1.2 or you’ve SHSH blobs for 3.1.2 (needed for downgrade)
- iPhone 3GS only if running firmware 3.1.2 or you’ve SHSH blobs for 3.1.2 (needed for downgrade)
- iPhone 3GS with New BootRom, iPod Touch 3G, 2G (MC) users MUST be on firmware 3.1.2 or have SHSH blobs saved for it (needed for downgrade). Otherwise you’re still out of Luck. The exploit used in this hack has been patched in OS 3.1.3 so firmware 3.1.2 is a MUST. [How to Check iPhone 3GS BootRom]
- If you’re not on 3.1.2 firmware or don’t have saved SHSH blobs for it, you’ll have to wait for the Spirit jailbreak update which is almost ready. I think they are waiting for the next firmware update (iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.01).
- For iPhone 3GS (New BootRom), iPod Touch 3G, 2G (MC) users it’s a Tethered jailbreak. For those who don’t know, a tethered jailbreak device once turned off/Reboot/run out of battery, you need to connect it to computer and execute a tool to boot up the device.
- Once jailbroken then you can unlock iPhone iOS 4 with UltraSn0w.
This guide is NOT for regular Windows users. So, proceed with precaution and follow the guide at your own risk. Let’s jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC) iOS 4 with Sn0wBreeze 1.7 and iBooty + Payload Pwner. Below are the step-by-step instructions from the official source:
**BEFORE PROCEEDING, ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE BACKED UP!**
Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC) iOS 4
This tutorial assumes that you are already on 3.1.2!
Steps to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G-MC are exactly similar to that of iPod Touch 3G posted earlier. So, please navigate to the link below and follow the step-by-step instruction there to jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G (MC) model:
To jailbreak iPhone 3Gs new bootrom, you can follow the guide linked below:
Also check out:
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G with RedSn0w 0.9.5
- How to: Save iOS 4 SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
- AppSync 4 for iOS 4: Install Cracked apps
- MyWi 4: enable iOS 4 tethering