Sn0wbreeze 1.7 to jailbreak iPhone 3GS new bootrom on iOS 4.0 is now available for download. With this release, you can jailbreak iPhone 3GS with new bootrom if it’s on OS 3.1.2 or you’ve SHSH blobs saved for OS 3.1.2. In order to create a custom iOS 4 and go for 4.0 firmware successfully you Must be on OS 3.1.2 + jailbroken.
UPDATE: *** Comex has released the All iDevices jailbreak. Check the Update at the bottom. ***
Sn0wBreeze 1.7 Supports:
- iPhone 3GS (New & Old BootRom)
- iPhone 3G
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPhone Touch 2G (MC & non-MC)
- iPhone 3GS with New BootRom users MUST be on firmware 3.1.2 or have SHSH blobs saved for it (needed for downgrade). Otherwise you’re still out of Luck. The exploit used in this hack has been patched in OS 3.1.3 so firmware 3.1.2 is a MUST. [How to Check iPhone 3GS BootRom]
- If you’re not on 3.1.2 firmware or don’t have saved SHSH blobs for it, you’ll have to wait for the Spirit jailbreak update which is almost ready. I think they are waiting for the next firmware update (iOS 4.1 or iOS 4.01).
- For iPhone 3GS New BootRom users it’s a Tethered jailbreak. For those who don’t know, a tethered jailbreak device once turned off/Reboot/run out of battery, you need to connect it to computer and execute a tool to boot up the device.
This guide is NOT for regular Windows users. So, proceed with precaution and follow the guide at your own risk. Here are the step by step instructions to jailbreak iPhone 3GS New BootRom to iOS 4 from the official source:
**BEFORE PROCEEDING, ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR PHONE BACKED UP!**
Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS New BootRom
This tutorial assumes that you are already on 3.1.2!
What You Will Need
- An iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 2G MC or iPod Touch 3G– new bootrom
- 3.1.2 already installed or 3.1.2 installed via SHSH blobs. <– Broken blackra1n’d devices will work. (Especially if Spirit messed you up!). (How to: downgrade iOS 4 to 3.1.2)
- Payload Pwner-r6
- Sn0wbreeze V1.7
- iBooty V1.6
- Download iOS 4.0/3.1.2
- iTunes 9.2 Installed
STEP A : Pwning iBoot
- Download this easy tool here — Payload Pwner-r6 // It will help you create the payload.
- Extract it to a directory and run Pwner.exe
**Save the Payload where iBooty is.**
STEP B : Making a Custom IPSW
- Download sn0wbreeze V1.7 from here — sn0wbreeze V1.7
- USE EXPERT MODE!
- In General, Checkmark “Disable NOR Flash” <– THIS IS ESSENTIAL!!!!
- Build it. It will be on your Desktop.
**CUSTOM BOOT LOGOS THAT ARE MADE IN sn0wbreeze WILL NOT WORK ON NEW BOOTROMS!**
*Mac Users : PwnageTool does not have this option. I don’t think it will ever be in there. Use a Windows Virtual Machine or friends PC to create your firmware.*
STEP C: iBooty Prep.
Most of you know of the utility “iBooty” that I made for Aki_nG. It will work as long as you place all of the correct files there.
- Download iBooty GUI here — iBooty V1.5 and Extract it.
- Extract your Custom IPSW created by sn0wbreeze with 7-Zip or another un-archiver.
- Grab the kernelcache and bring it into the same folder as ibooty.
- Also grab iBEC from the folder “Firmware\dfu”.
- Aswell as DeviceTree from the folder “Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.n88ap.production\DeviceTree.n88ap”
- Rename your Kernel 4.0-Custom to “kernel.40″
- Rename your iBEC 4.0-Custom to “ibec.40″
- Rename your DeviceTree 4.0-Custom to “devtree.40″
Your folder should look like this:
- iboot.payload <– Created with Payload Pwner.
- devtree.40 <– Grabbed from Custom IPSW made by sn0wbreeze.
- ibec.40 <– Created with Payload Pwner.
- bspatch.exe <– Comes with iBooty.
- iBooty.exe <– Comes with iBooty.
- kernel.40 <– Grab from Custom IPSW made by sn0wbreeze.
- sn0w.img3 <– Comes with iBooty.
- wait.img3 <– Comes with iBooty.
STEP D: Restoring to 4.0 + Booting
*Make sure your are on 3.1.2 when doing this*
- Run iBooty and Select “Prepare Device for Custom Firmware“. Run the Process and if you see the image, you can proceed!
- Now open iTunes and restore to the custom ipsw.
***When done, your device will go into recovery mode. It won’t boot.***
STEP E : Booting
Just Re-Run iBooty and select “Boot It”. If all goes well it will boot!
Enjoy! Hopefully iH8Sn0w can get a tool out there that will make all of this much easier.
If you want to jailbreak iPod Touch 3G iOS 4 follow the guide linked below:
Update 2: iPhone 4 Unlocked
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G iOS 4, Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G (MC) iOS 4
- Download Sn0wBreeze 1.8 and Jailbreak iOS 4.1 Beta
- Downgrade iOS 4.1 and Downgrade iOS 4.0
- Jailbreak iPhone 4 Coming soon
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe
Also check out:
- How to:Jailbreak iOS 4
- How to:Jailbreak iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G with RedSn0w 0.9.5
- How to:Save iOS 4 SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
- AppSync 4 for iOS 4: Install Cracked apps
- MyWi 4: enable iOS 4 tethering
Download Sn0wBreeze (All versions New & Old)