You can jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta 2 firmware on iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5. In this guide you’ll learn how to jailbreak iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) using RedSn0w jailbreak.
- If you’ve updated to 4.1beta2 on iPhone3G or iPod2G(non-MC), you can use this redsn0w from June to jailbreak. Just point it at the 4.0 IPSW (the public one, not the developer GM one).
- Don’t do this if you need the ultrasn0w carrier unlock!!
- This won’t hacktivate your iPhone3G – but for those with legit access to the 4.1beta2 this shouldn’t matter. Please don’t pirate Apple software
- If you’re at iOS 4.1 beta2 you’ll probably experience network problems after jailbreaking. Until a new version of redsn0w is released, you may need to rely on afc2 access (such as FunBox-like file browser programs) to manipulate your filesystem.
- This is recommended only for power users who can deal with the problems that will pop up as the JB apps fall further behind the beta firmwares.
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta 2 with RedSn0w
All the required stuff is linked below.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta 2 are exactly similar to the guide posted earlier. So, follow the guide linked below to jailbreak iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) on iOS 4.1 beta 2:
How to: jailbreak iOS 4.1 beta
All the users waiting for iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.0.1 jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G, 2G will have to wait a few more days because Comex is working hard to get rid of bugs to deliver a fully working iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1 jailbreak.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Windows: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Mac: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download iOS 4.1 beta 2
- Download iOS 4.0
- Download iTunes 9.2.1
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe