MuscleNerd has release RedSn0w 0.9.5b5. The RedSn0w 0.9.5b5 can now jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.0 as well along with iPhone 3G iOS 4.0. It also enables multitasking and wallpaper features in both iPhone 3G and iPod Touch on iOS 4 which Apple has disabled for both devices due to performance issues.
This RedSn0w 0.9.5 BETA release supports:
- iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G only (for now)
- Mac OSX only (for now) and Windows
- the 4.0beta1/beta4 and iOS 4 GM FW only (for now)
- iPhone 3G users: YOU SHOULD STAY CLEAR OF THIS BETA SOFTWARE IF YOU RELY ON A CARRIER UNLOCK. That’s because the beta redsn0w works only if your device has already been upgraded to the stock iOS 4.0 GM/4.0beta1/beta4 IPSW from Apple, which contains a baseband update. If you installed that IPSW, you’ve already lost the carrier unlock until the next planned release of ultrasn0w and blacksn0w.
- iPod Touch 2G users: This jailbreak works for iPod Touch MB models only NOT MC (Setting > General > About > Model).
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Windows: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Mac: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download iOS 4.0
- Download iTunes 9.2
Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4
We have already written a detailed guides on how to jailbreak iPhone 3G running iOS 4.0. Follow the link below:
Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4
We have already written a detailed guides on how to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G running iOS 4.0. Follow the link below:
Jailbreak iOS 4.0
You can find all iOS 4.0 jailbreak guides here:
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0
Update: Jailbreak iPhone 4 [Coming Soon]
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe