Musclenerd has just confirmed that you can jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 with RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta. Previously, redSn0w 0.9.5 beta was supported with iPhone 3G but now he has added iPod Touch 2G support as well. The RedSn0w 0.9.5 is still in beta and is meant for developers only so that they may get their jailbreak apps ready as soon as the iOS 4 hits the masses.
RedSn0w jailbreak for iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 is ready and jailbreak guide is posted below…
*** This Jailbreak also enables multitasking & wallpaper iOS 4 for iPod Touch 2G which Apple has disabled by default. ***
- This Jailbreak works for iPod Touch 2G (Non-MC model), iPhone 3G and Mac OS X and Windows users. (iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G iOS 4 jailbreak guides are linked at the bottom)
Disclaimer: This guide for educational purposes only. So, try it at your own risk. We can NOT be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
Let’s start jailbreaking iPod Touch 2G running iOS 4 with RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5.
Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 Final
All the required stuff is linked at the bottom. Download them.
- Run the downloaded redsn0w 0.9.5 beta5.
- Hit the Browser button. Select iOS 4 for iPod Touch 2G. (Download Link below)
- Check mark Cydia and hit next button.
- You’ll be instructed to put your iPod Touch into DFU Mode to install jailbreak.
- When your iPod Touch 2G comes back up, you’ll notice Cydia has a blank white icon (we told you many things were broken right now!) Allow Cydia to reorganize, then accept the update it offers. When Cydia restarts, you should see its real logo now.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Windows: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 beta5-5 for Mac: [Mirror 1][Mirror 2]
- Download iOS 4.0
- Download iTunes 9.2
Jailbreak iOS 4.0
You can find all iOS 4.0 jailbreak guides here:
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0
If you’ve an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 3G and want to jailbreak iOS 4, follow the step by step guide below:
Update: Jailbreak iPhone 4 [Coming Soon]
- Jailbreak Me 2.0: the New Userland Jailbreak by Comex
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G, 2G iOS 4.0.1 with JailbreakMe
- How to: Jailbreak iPad iOS 3.2.1 with JailbreakMe
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply