iH8Sn0w has released iDetector, a new tool that checks iPhone 3GS bootrom (New or old). Using iDetector you can check your iPhone 3GS new/old bootrom (iBoot) and see if you can jailbreak your 3GS or not.
Why to Check iPhone 3GS BootRom
There are jailbreak available for iOS 4.0 firmware. But there are two iPhone 3GS models with old BootRom [iBoot-359.3] and New BootRom [iBoot-359.3.2]. There’s a jailbreak exploit available for Old BootRom so you can jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 with old BootRom. But the New BootRom has no jailbreak exploit so the iPhone 3GS with iBoot-359.3.2 cannot be jailbroken. So, it’s important to know what iBoot version your iPhone 3GS has.
iDetector can successfully detect:
- iPhone 3GS New BootRom [iBoot-359.3.2]
- iPhone 3GS Old BootRom [iBoot-359.3]
iDetector is a real easy to use application to check iPhone 3GS BootRom (Old or New). Simply place your 3GS into DFU mode and click the button.
Update: Here’s detailed guide for both the Windows and Mac users to check iPhone 3GS BootRom.
- How to: Check iPhone 3GS BootRom (Windows & Mac)
iDetector is available for Windows only.
- How to jailbreak iPhone 3Gs iOS 4 with PwnageTool 4.0
- How to jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 with Sn0wBreeze 1.6
- How to Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware
- AppSync 4.0 – Install cracked apps iOS 4
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply