iH8Sn0w has released Sn0wbreeze 1.6 to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G running iOS 4 firmware. Sn0wBreeze v1.6 is the PwnageTool for Windows users. In this guide you’ll learn how to create a custom firmware using sn0wBreeze v1.6 to jailbreak iPod Touch iOS 4 firmware.
or can also use RedSn0w to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G. (Guide linked below)
Sn0wBreeze can jailbreak:
- iPod Touch 2G (non-MC)
- iPhone 3GS [Old BootRom + Already Jailbroken but not with Spirit Spirit jailbroken devices are now supported with Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2, Download link has been updated]
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS and 3G guide is here.
- If you’re already on iOS 4, you are still out of luck. (But iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G users can use RedSn0w then)
Sn0wBreeze v1.6 is available for Windows users only. Ok, Let’s jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4.0 with Sn0wBreeze 1.6.
Disclaimer: This guide is for testing and educational purposes only. Use it at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible if anything goes wrong.
How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 with Sn0wBreeze 1.6.1
NOTE: All the required stuff is linked below under Downloads.
Steps to jailbreak iPod Touch 2G running iOS 4.0 firmware are exactly similar to the guide posted earlier. So, please navigate to the guide linked below and follow the same instruction to jailbreak iOS 4 on iPod Touch 2G with Sn0wBreeze.
Fix error 1604, 16xx, 29 During Custom Firmware Restore
You may encounter error error 1604, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, or 29 during custom firmware restore. We have compiled possible solutions to this error here:
- Download iOS 4
- Download iTunes 9.2
- Download Sn0wBreeze (All versions New & Old)
- Download .NET Frameworks 3.5
- AppSync 4 for iOS 4: MobileInstallation patch
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G iOS4 with RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5
- Jailbreak iOS 4 Firmware (All Guides)
- Jailbreak iPod Touch iOS 4 with PwnageTool