Notcom has released TinyUmbrella to save SHSH blobs for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download TinyUmbrella from links below. TinyUmbrella is a unified version of FirmwareUmbrella and TinyTSS. For those who don’t know what the Firmware Umbrella and TinyTSS are, check the details below along with the Download Links…
When you try to restore an older firmware on the devices listed below, Apple won’t let you do that. Once you ‘upgrade’ they don’t let you downgrade. The way they stop you is basically by a simple response that iTunes receives when you try to restore the firmware of your choosing. See, the firmware is now signed for the below devices. It is signed with a unique id (ECID) that only your device has. Apple takes the firmware version files and combines them with your ECID and generates a hash that ONLY APPLE can generate. iTunes packages up this valuable information and sends it to your device. Your device checks the information and verifies the signature (making sure it really came from Apple because it CANNOT be forged as the encryption is very high). If the signature matches then the restore process can continue. If the signature does not match, the device raises an error and the restore process stops. Apple stops signing older firmwares once a new one is out.
FirmwareUmbrella sends the same exact request that iTunes sends Apple when requesting the signatures for your device to be restored. It saves SHSH signatures for your device received from the Apple server and let to downgrade OS indefinitely.
TinyTSS is a small java app that acts as your very own signature service. When iTunes verifies the firmware restore for the devices listed below, it checks if you are allowed to restore to the version you are requesting. With TinyTSS + the shsh blob file(s) you obtained with Umbrella, you will be able to restore to the version of those shsh files forever!
Firmware Umbrella + TinyTSS
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS, 3G
- iPod Touch 5G, 4G, 3G, 2G
- iPad 4
- iPad mini
- iPad 3
- iPad1, 2
- Apple stops signing firmware SHSH once a new firmware is out. Once Apple has stopped signing firmware SHSH requests for a firmware version there is no way to get your SHSH for that particular version.
- TinyUmbrella can now save iOS SHSH regardless of whether your device is jailbroken.
- You can save SHSH blobs for iOS even if you’re runnin an older fimrware.
- It does not matter what firmware version is on the device TinyUmbrella will get the currently signed firmware by default.
- TinyUmbrella saves the file locally AND sends the request to Cydia so Cydia will have the SHSH as well.
- If Cydia’s TSS server is down, your only option will be to use TinyUmbrella for restoring through iTunes.
- iPhone 3G and older devices including iPod Touch (Non-MC) users do not need to save SHSH blobs.
Download TinyUmbrella 6.14.00
Supports iOS 6.1.4
Download TinyUmbrella 6.13.00
Supports iOS 6.1.3
Download TinyUmbrella 6.10.02a
Supports iOS 6.1, 6.0.2
Download TinyUmbrella 6.01.00
Supports iOS 6.0.1, iOS 6
Download TinyUmbrella 5.11.00b
Supports iOS 5.1.1
Download TinyUmbrella 5.10.08
Supports iOS 5.1
Download TinyUmbrella 5.10.04
Supports iOS 5.0.1
Download TinyUmbrella 5.01.00
Download TinyUmbrella 5.00.12
Download TinyUmbrella 5.00.06
(added Support for iOS 4.3.x for iPad 2)
Download TinyUmbrella 5.00.00
(added Support for iOS 5 beta 1)
How to: Save SHSH blobs with TinyUmbrella
How to: Downgrade iOS 4 to 3.1.3/3.1.2 using TinyUmbrella
How to: Downgrade iOS 4.1
How to: Save iPad iOS 3.2.1 SHSH blobs
How to: Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.1 Without Updating Baseband
How to: Downgrade iOS 4.2 to iOS 4.1, iOS 4.0.1 (iPhone, iPod Touch)
How to: Downgrade iOS 4.3 to iOS 4.2.1, iOS 4.1 (iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch, iPad)
How to: How to Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.2.1 + Preserve Baseband 01.59.00
How to: Downgrade iOS 4.3.1
How to: Downgrade iOS 4.3.2
How to: Downgrade iOS 4.3.3