The legendary iPhone Dev-Team has released the long awaited RedSn0w 0.9 Beta to jailbreak iPhone & iPod Touch OS 3.1.2. RedSn0w is a safer alternate to BlackRa1n to jailbreak and unlock iPhone. We always recommend Dev-Team toys.
RedSn0w is a cross-platform jailbreaking, unlocking, and customizing tool for iPhones and iPod touches. Customizations include boot logos, recovery logos, and “verbose” boot. It’s a standalone program that doesn’t use iTunes (no custom IPSWs are involved).
Here’s what RedSn0w 0.9 Beta can do for you:
- Jailbreak all iPhones and iPod touches (Not iPod touch 3G)
- Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1.2 and 3.0
- You can unlock iPhone 2G with RedSn0w. To unlock iPhone 3GS and 3G you need to install Ultrasn0w (baseband 04.26, preferred) or Blacksn0w (baseband 05.11).
- Windows and Mac OSX (x86)
- If you have a late-model iPhone 3GS, or if you have an iPod touch 2G whose serial number begins with “MC”, you can use redsn0w to jailbreak but you are currently restricted to “tethered” rebooting. That means you need to connect your device to a computer to complete the boot after a reset. Also, these devices cannot have custom logos.
- Redsn0w works by modifying your current filesystem, so your existing baseband, data and applications should remain intact.
When the RedSn0w is out of beta, it will support the iPod touch 3G, PPC OSX, and Linux.
A detailed guide on how to jailbreak iPhone/iPodTouch with RedSn0w is coming soon here:
Stay tuned at iPhoneHeat.com for more on iPhone.
Download RedSn0w 0.9.6rc16 (Jailbreaks iOS 4.3.3)