Here’s the list of new features in Firewall iP app for iPhone:
- WhoIs: when FiP’s main popup appears you’ll see that the hostname is now in a button. when you tap the button a new view will appear containing the the whoIs-info for the domain/IP (if available)
- allow/deny connection for this session (the connection is allowed/denied till you exit the app)
- log (can be enabled in the info view; the (i) button on the main screen)
- a second theme for the popup (can be changed in the info view)
- if you are in a host view (any allow/deny table) you can now edit the hostnames if you put the table into edit mode (simply tab on the hostname in edit mode).
- manually add hostnames to allow/deny for an app
- the allow/deny for an app now supports also the *host.com notation (like global allow/deny). meaning that if you change a hostname to *.hostname.com the host and all subdomains will be affected. if you use *.hostname.com only subdomains will be affected).