Finally, the Dev-team has released a working patch to fix the carrier logo issue on unlocked iPhone OS 3.1.2 using UltraSn0w.
All those iPhone users who jailbreak iPhone using PwnageTool 3.1.4 and then Unlock iPhone with UltraSn0w must have noticed the missing Carrier Logo/name at the top-left corner of the screen. The source of this missing Carrier logo problem is the UltraSn0w itself. However it’s just a name displaying bug, nothing wrong with the unlock functionality, which means even after unlocking iPhone with UnltraSn0w your phone works normally, just the carrier logo is missing.
iPhone Dev-Team has released UltraSn0w 0.92 to fix missing carrier logo bug. To upgrade your UltraSn0w to latest version please follow the steps below:
IMPORTANT: Unlike BlackRa1n, UltraSn0w can unlock iPhone 3GS and 3G with Modem Firmware/Baseband: 04.26.06 only. On the other hand, after jailbreaking iPhone OS 3.1.2 with BlackRa1n you can then unlock Baseband 05.11.07 with BalckSn0w. So, if your iPhone 3GS/3G is already on Baseband 05.11.07 then you can use BlackSn0w to unlock them.
How to Update UltraSn0w Unlock to latest version: Ultrasn0w 0.92
IMPORTANT: T-Mobile users please disable 3G before installing ultrasn0w.
Open the Cydia. Under the Manage Tab select Sources. Press the Edit button.
Press Add button. and input the following URL as Source:
and press the Add Source button.
Once you sources are updated, press the big return to Cydia button.
See your newly added sources is in the list now. Press the Done button.
Now Tap on your newly added Musclenerd Source.
Select UltraSn0w to install it to fix the missing carrier logo problem.
Press the Modify button at the top-right.
Now select Upgrade from the popup.
and then press the confirm button.
Then finally Press Reboot Device button to reboot your iPhone and you’ll have unlocked iPhone 3GS/3G running iPhone OS 3.1.2 with a carrier logo.
- Ultrasn0w 0.92 will be movedto repo666 so, If you can’t add musclenerd repo then simply search for repo666 from Cydia.
- If you get No service after restart, simple reset your network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings)
You may also be interested in:
- Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 Custom Firmware (IPSW Files) for iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G
- How to Install Cracked Apps/Games on iPhone OS 3.1.2 *Without WIFI*
- How to Change Root Password to Secure Your iPhone
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G OS 3.1.2 with PwnageTool 3.1.4
- How to Tether iPhone OS 3.1.2
If this page or section of the page needs to be updated, Submit Request
Leave a Reply