BlackRa1n RC3 to jailbreak all iPhones is out now along with BlackSn0w to unlock Baseband 05.11.07. BlackSn0w unlocks iPhone 3GS and 3G only but cannot unlock iPhone 2G. Then how an iPhone 2G user can unlock iPhone 2G? Answer is simple: You can always unlock iPhone 2G with BootNeuter after jailbreaking your iPhone 2G.
In this iPhone Tutorial you will learn how to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 using BlackRa1n RC3. First we will use BlackRa1n RC3 to jailbreak iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 and then install BootNeuter to unlock iPhone 2G.
This Guide is for iPhone 2G users only. Users who want to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3GS and 3G please navigate to the following guides:
- Jailbreak OS 3.1.2 Using BlackRa1n RC3
- Unlock iPhone 3GS, 3G OS 3.1.2 Baseband 05.11.07 Using BlackSn0w
How to Jailbreak iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 using BlackRa1n RC3
To jailbreak iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 using BlackRa1n please use the following Guide:
Once you’ve jailbroken your iPhone 2G using above guide, you can unlock iPhone 2G with BootNeuter. Please continue reading..
How to Unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 with BootNeuter
Now that you have jailbreak your iPhone 2GS OS 3.1.2 and Have Cydia icon on your SpringBoard. great! Now we are going to install BootNeuter to Unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 from Cydia.
Open the Cydia and got Search Tab. Search for BootNeuter.
Tap the BootNeuter from the search results.
Tap the install button at top-right.
Tap the Confirm button at top-right.
When done with the installation Press the big Return to Cydia button.
Launch the BootNeuter app from SpringBoard.
Set the toggles as displayed in the screenshot below to unlock iPhone 2G 3.1.2. Now press the Flash button at the top-right corner of the screen.
Warning do not interrupt the process of flashing : This may take some time before being completed, so you should have a little patience. Another tip while first syncing to itunes set your phone as new phone to avoid long run problems.
Congratz you’ve successfully jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2.
Workout to get rid of different problems:
I have Signals but Different sim card detected, connect to iTunes Problem
Run Black Ra1n, After bootneuter
- install afc2add from Cydia.
- Reboot iPhone
- Download and run DiskAid on your computer: http://www.digidna.net/diskaid/download.php
- In DiskAid, click on the bottom left and select “root”. Then on the folders go to: private –> var –> root –> library. There you will find a folder named “Lockdown”. Copy this folder to your computer to back it up in case things don’t work out.
- Then click on “Delete from device”.
- Restart your iPhone.
You may also be interested in:
- How to Install Cracked Apps on iPhone OS 3.1.2 *Without WIFI*
- How to Enable Tethering on iPhone OS 3.1.2
- How to Enable MMS on iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2
- How to Fix Push Notifications on iPhone 2G
- How to Enable Video Editing iPhone 2G