Finally, it’s BlackSn0w day. GeoHot has released BlackSn0w to unlock iPhone Baseband 05.11.07 and BlackRa1n RC3. GeoHot changed his mind and released BlackSn0w accessible from BlackRa1n RC3 today instead of tomorrow.
- Hacktivation support. (Which means after jailbreaking your iPhone, you will be able to install BlackSn0w to unlock iPhone 05.11.07 from withing BlackRa1n.app, installs when you jailbreak iPhone using BlackRa1n).
- Supports Tiger+PPC
- The fastest jailbreak ever, is now 15 seconds faster.
- The best part of this BlackRa1n RC3 is that it also enables official tethering.
How the BlackRa1n RC3 and BlackSn0w Works
For Loyal BlackRa1n users:
If you are a loyal blackra1n user who kept the blackra1n.app on your iPhone, run it. You will see Icy replaced by an option “ra1n”. Install this to upgrade your app. After upgrading, run blackra1n.app again. You will see “sn0w”. Install this, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
If you are new to the scene, just looking for an unlock, finally ready to upgrade to 3.1.2 and the accompanying baseband, willing to restore for the latest and greatest, or stuck on the “Connect to iTunes” screen, you are in luck. Jailbreaking and unlocking have never been easier. Go to blackra1n.com, click on the logo corresponding to your operating system, run the app, and click “make it ra1n”. When your phone reboots, you’ll see blackra1n.app. Run this, install blacksn0w, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone.
If you jailbroke using pwnage or deleted your blackra1n.app, you are in luck too. Sometime later in the sn0wday, blacksn0w will be added to Cydia, and instructions will be posted here.
iPhone 2G Users
Also, a note. This may be the best iPhone users ever have it. Be sure, if you have a 3GS or iPod Touch 3, to use Cydia’s “On File” or Firmware Umbrella in order to be able to restore to 3.1.2 in the future. And as always, the baseband cannot be downgraded, so be *super* careful with updates if you need the unlock.
GeoHot has given Credit to iH8Sn0w for point out at+xemn command that resulted is Baseband 05.11.07 unlock. You can download BlackRa1n RC3 from the link below:
Download BlackRa1n RC3 (BlackSn0w is accessible from within BlackRa1n.app after Jailbreak).
A guide on using BlackRa1n and BlackSn0w to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone will be posted soon.
- How to Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch OS 3.1.2 Using BlackRa1n RC3
- How to Unlock iPhone 3GS, 3G OS 3.1.2 Baseband 05.11.07 Using BlackSn0w
Jailbreak iOS 4.0
- How to: Jailbreak iOS 4.0
Unlock iOS 4.0
- How to: Unlock iOS 4.0