- BlackRa1n jailbreaks all iPhones and iPod Touch models
- BlackRa1n jailbreak will work with the latest 3.1.2 firmware.
- It will not hacktivate your iPhone. This means that if you are using an unlocked iPhone 3GS or 3G then stay away from it because BlackRa1n requires to update your iPhone to OS 3.1.2 resulting in updating your Baseband as well which means your iPhone will NOT activate on unofficial carrier.
- Use BlackRa1n only if you do NOT care about Unlock (You’re on official carrier).
- BlackRa1n also Jailbreaks iPod Touch 3G but it’s a tethered jailbreak. Which means whenever you would restart your Touch or it turns OFF because of empty battery then you will need to rerun BlackRa1n.
iPhone 3GS and 3G users who have unlocked their iPhone must stay away from BlackRa1n otherwise their iPhone will locked because of Baseband update. Wait for the next PwnageTool update to safely update to OS 3.1.2. If you’re already on OS 3.1 or 3.1.2 without using PwnageTool then you can NOT unlock your iPhone atleast for now. In this case you can now use BlackRa1n to atleast jailbreak your iPhone.
and in the end, usual warning applies: Use it on your Own.
Jailbreak iPhone, iPod Touch using BlackRa1n
- Update your iTunes to latest version.
- Install the latest firmware in your iPod or iPhone. You can download iPhone OS 3.1.2 from here:
All iPhone Firmwares
Go to: http://www.blackra1n.com and download BlackRa1n by clicking on the Windows icon at the bottom of the page and save it on your desktop.
Now execute the BlackRa1n.exe from your desktop by double clicking on it.
Now connect your iPhone or iPod to your PC and hit the make it Ra1n button.
Now your iPhone will go into Recovery Mode.
Regular Recovery Mode screen will be replaced with picture of GeoHot.
After the BlackRa1n has done its stuff, your iPhone or iPod will Reboot.
Then a Popup will appear telling you that BlackRa1n is a free tool and if you like it you can donate at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your iPhone is back ON you will see a BlackRa1n named icon on your iPhone SpringBoard. Which means your iPhone or iPod has successfully been jailbroken.
Tap on the BlackRa1n icon on SpringBoard. (Make sure your iPhone/iPod have internet connection)
Now choose your desired installer from the given choices and press the Install button at top-right.
BlackRa1n will download your selected package and then install it.
Once all done your iPhone/iPod will respring and you will find your selected package icon on SpringBoard.
Check if your installer package is working fine. Now you may remove BlackRa1n icon from your SpringBoard by uninstalling it.
That’s it. If you have any problem or any query, use the comment section.
NOw you can also checkout how to install cracked Apps on your iPhone/iPod.
Some Work Outs to Get Rid of Errors
- If you are stuck at “running… ” When you perform the firmware update restart your iphone and then run BlackRA1n or try changing the USB port
- if you are using Windows 7 , run blackra1n in compatibility “Windows Vista SP2? and run it as administrator.
- Manually put the iPhone into DFU mode. Open the task manager and Kill the iPhone related processes like iTunes.exe, ipodservices.exe. Ren BlackRa1n. When picture appears, wait for 10 seconds then press and hold just the power button till you see the little working circle near the bottom of the screen. It takes some time to boot up first time.
If you’re still out of luck, you can try RedSnow: