Now is the time. Dev-Team has released PwnageTool 3.1.3 to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1. This updated version of PwnageTool adds support for iPhone 3GS and iPod Toucg 2G. The previous release of PwnageTool was supported with iPhone 3G and 2G only.
PwnageTool 3.1.3 will not support out of the box iPhone 3GS, which had iPhone OS 3.1 pre-installed or iPhone 3GS that had not been jailbroken or pwned earlier. for more details read the Dev-Team post below:
Here are some details on our latest version of PwnageTool for Mac OS X that adds support for the 3.1 release of the iPhone software for iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G.
The iPhone 3GS is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the phone was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 – PwnageTool does not support the 3GS out of the box. If your iPhone 3GS has 3.1 preinstalled and is not Pwned then there is no tested jailbreak solution at the moment.
The iPod 2G is now supported in PwnageTool 3.1.3, assuming the iPod 2G was pwned at 3.0 or 3.0.1 – PwnageTool does not support the iPod 2G with 3.1 software out of the box.
- GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a iPhone 3G or iPhone 3G(S) with ultrasn0w and rely on ultrasn0w to obtain cellular service then you should only update your device with an .ipsw that is made with the new PwnageTool. There are no second chances with this. You need to remember that PwnageTool will provide an upgrade path to newer versions of the iPhone software in the future.
- Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
- Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
- At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the 3.1 capable version of PwnageTool.
- PwnageTool will work for the iPhone 3GS assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
- PwnageTool will work for the iPod touch 2G assuming you have already Pwned it at 3.0 or 3.0.1
- PwnageTool WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3G(S) and the iPod touch (1st Generation and 2nd Generation) but NOT the iPod touch 3rd generation.
- For 3G and 3G(S) users who are Pwned, PwnageTool is your key to updating in the future, just remember to never install an update directly from Apple, always use an .ipsw that has been created with PwnageTool.
- There is no Windows version of PwnageTool it is a Mac OS X tool only, we are not developing a Windows version of PwnageTool.
Download PwnageTool 3.1.3
Guide to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS and Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G is coming up. So stay tuned here: