For months now, we all were expecting that Apple would introduce its Next Generation iPhone at WWDC. So, it’s here. Apple has announced its New iPhone at WWDC and names it as ‘iPhone 3G S‘. This is the time for all Apple addicts to rejoice and Sorry to all Apple Haters.
You Like Apple or not! Loved this new iPhone announcement or not! Lemme talk about How the new iPhone 3GS shaped up.
The new iPhone Rumors factory worked day and night and we came up many of them in the form of iPhone 3G S. Let’s check out what we already knew (Thanks to rumors factory) and what’s all new that we didn’t knew.
What was already Floating around in iPhone world:
- Storage/Capacity – The new iPhone 3G S comes with both 16GB and 32GB of built-in storage, doubling the both 8GB and 16GB iPhone 3G models.
- Hardware – A2DP support is indeed a nice addition, the new iPhone 3GS also supports a faster processor and a 7.2Mbps HSDPA-compatible radio.
- Camera – iPhone 3G S features 3.2 megapixels Lens but no flash. Also features auto-focus and geo tagging support.
- Video – As rumored earlier, iPhone 3G S is all about Video. It features 30fps video recording, video editing software and also let you share videos.
- Compass – Features a difital compass.
- Battery life – iPhone 3G S have 5 hours of 3G talk time and up to 24 hours of music playback (Officially).
- OS – Tethering is also covered under iPhone 3G S. But who knows how AT&T will handle it. Find My iPhone feature is available to MobileMe subscribers only. Turn-by-Turn Navigation is also available in iPhone 3G S (TomTom was on hand at the keynote to demonstrate its iPhone app/accessory combo). iPhone OS 3.0 will be available beginning June 17th – free for iPhone owners, $9.95 for iPod Touch owners.
- Price – As expected, the new iPhone 3G S will be sold out for $199 for the 16GB model and $299 for the 32GB model. The current 8GB iPhone 3G will hang around and drop to $99 starting today.
What’s Brand New:
- Look and Feel – The iPhone 3G S looks exactly like the iPhone 3G. Sorry, no matte finish and/or matching bezel.
- Voice Command – iPhone 3G S have got a built-in Voice Controller. You can dial by voice, control iPod playback by voice and so on. We have to admit though, saying “play more songs like this” to initiate the Genius feature is cool.
- Hardware Encryption – Integrated hardware encryption.
- Release Date – The iPhone 3G S goes on sale June 19th in the US.
So, after getting an insight in New iPhone 3GS Specs/features we can conclude that it’s more like an upgrade announcement unlike a new product launch. The best part in this upgrade is it’s OS i.e. iPhone OS 3.0 that works with the older devices too.
Ok that’s all for now folks. We are looking forward to get our hands on to this sweet upgraded device. What about you? Will you upgrade to iPhone 3G S? Leave us your views..