This basic iPhone tutorial demonstrates how to use the Voice Memo application in iPhone OS 3.0. For now iPhone OS 3.0 is only available to Developers and will be available to general public in June 2009. Lets learn how to create Voice Memos in iPhone OS 3.0, modify and manage them.
How to Create Voice Memos in iPhone OS 3.0
- Press the Voice Memos application icon from your iPhone SpringBoard.
When Voice Memos is opened, you will see a VU meter and microphone.
On the Bottom Right you will find a list button and on the Left bottom there’s a Recording Button.
- To record a new voice memo press the Record button.
- Then a status bar appears at the top displaying elapsed time.
- You can pause and then resume the recording by pressing Pause button at the Bottom-Left of the screen.
- Once you are done recording your voice memo press the Stop button at the bottom right of the screen.
- You can view your previously recorded memos by Pressing the List button at the bottom Right of the screen.
- It will list your previously recorded memos by the time recorded. You can also see the date and duration of the Memos.
- Tap any memo for playback. The Speaker button at the top left let you listen memos over the loud speakers.
- You can also Delete and share the selected Memo by using Delete and Share Buttons at the bottom.
How to Share Voice Memo with Friends
- To share a memo with a friend press the Share button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the large Email Voice Memo button to open a new Mail message with the memo attached as a m4a audio file.
How to Delete Voice Memos
- From the Voice Memo list you can also delete a selected voice memo by using the Delete button at the bottom.
- Then Press the large Delete Voice Memo button to confirm the deletion.
- You can press the Blue Circular Arrow button to view more information about the memo.
- From the Info window you can Label, Trim and Share the memo.
How to Label a Voice Memo
- Press the large White button at the top which contains the time and duration of the recording.
- This will open the Label screen where you can select a previously defined label or create your own. Press custom to give the memo your own label.
- After entering the namefor your memo press the Label button at the top left.
- Then press the Info button at the top left to return to the memo details screen.
How to Trim Voice Memos
- To trim the recording click the Trim Memo button.
- You will see a blue progress bar with a yellow handle on the left and on the right. Drag the handles to set the start and end of the clip.
- Press the Play button to check if it seems ok.
- Then press the large Trim Voice Memo to finalize your cut.
- You can also use the Share button to send the memo just as we demonstrated in Step Six.